Would you date someone if they told you they had just recovered from having cancer?

If you met a great guy/girl and they told you that they had recently been ill with cancer, gone through radiation and chemo, and was now cancer free, would you still date them? If you had reservations, what would they be?

Most Helpful Guy

• im gonna be a douche and say no...

Because they would constantly talk about it and their struggle.
    But I mean if you are talking to them and they don't bring it up every 5 min thats fine.
    I've met a few people and its like the pillar of their whole personality... its really annoying. And then i've met people who were going through chemo and I had no idea.

Sorry.

• +1 for brutal honesty.

• yesh. I tried to commit suicide 7 years ago and I found out how annoyed people were by me talking about it... now I don't. So hope my experience can give others experience.

• I feel you, iv had a similar experience (not suicide but not realizing how much I was annoying others around me with my constant repetitiveness).

What Guys Said 7

• Wouldn't even be an issue for me. If anything, she probably has a better understanding on what's important in life.

• Absolutely. What should it matter other than I would be happy for them for coming through.

• If I found her attractive yes date her, she would be no different any ones. I don't think any one should be turned down over having or had cancer. they at least deserve a chance like every one else.

• Well, you can't "catch" it but some people are put off by the mere thought of it.
    Unfair as it may be.

• It would make no difference to me. I would be happy for them. Hopefully they won't dwell on it too much.

• Having had cancer would be a non factor to me.

• Yes. Most of my relationships last 2 to 3 months anyway.

• (and this was a joke by the way and yes I would if I dug her)

What Girls Said 1

• in my opinion if you can't help who you fall for, then yes. I've seen attractive guys who have gone through that, so I wouldn't mind.