Ladies, would you ever consider dating a man who tends to have bad tempers (as in punching a hole in a wall-bad temper)?

I was wondering. I kind of have a bad temper but I know how to control it for most part. I'm usually a little patient with myself so it takes a lot for someone to infuriate me. I'm one of those people who doesn't blow up small flames constantly but blow up in one HUGE flame when someone finally knows how to boil my blood very well. For most part, I'm a very nice guy if you treat me how you like to be treated.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, because there's a possibility that he could turn that anger and aggression on me.

• Well, while I admit, I sometimes have a bad temper, I'd never take it out on my woman though.

• You don't know that. I wouldn't want to be with someone who lacks control like that. I would never know if you're just going to totally SNAP one day. I understand getting mad and having a temper, but punching out walls is a bad way to deal with the pent up anger.

What Girls Said 12

• I'm like this so I guess I'd at least may be able to understand. I hardly ever get angry. But when I do it's really bad. As I getbolder I begin to grow out of it gradually. I would suggest to try working with your stress instead of ignoring it. Don't beat your self up but recognize that we have flaws and that's ok.
    Also when you begin to feel an urge of punching a hole through the wall, take deep easy breaths and sit or lie down.

• I don't know. On the one hand, I have always been the exact same way so I wouldn't be surprised and would give someone like that the necessary space they needed. On the other hand, if we both burst at the same time things could get real. f****ng. bad real fast.

• errr nope... no way because i'm hot blooded too

• No. He might decide to replace the wall with me one day.

• No, sorry. That would be a total dealbreaker.

• No I wouldnt. I wld get frightened away

• No. Lack of control is a massive turn off to me.

• Nope - would be too scary. That one day he could punch you rather than the wall.

• Personally no because i wouldn't want him to turn on me or be abusive. If i also had kids i wouldn't want them to be around that. Its a bad role model and makes them fearful.

• I'm with a guy who's like that right now actually. He never get's angry, ever (or at least not at me) , but when/if he does, he has told me on multiple occassions to get the f--- away from him because he gets scary when he's really angry.

• Exactly how I am when I'm angry. I certainly give warning to any person who dare to try me. However, when I do blow up, I would never take it out on my woman though, unless she's treated me very horrible and crossed a certain line.

• Well, as long as you never take it out on her, then it's not a problem.

• As long as you don't get violent and take it out other people.

• I would date you as I'm the same way.

What Guys Said 1

• It takes a lot to make me mad, I didn't get the nickname zen man for nothing. When someone or something does make the mistake of making me angry. My anger has the ferocity of a volcano last time I got angry which was a couple years ago I put my elbow through a glass window and forced it through a screen on the other side. Despite that though I would sooner jump off a bridge then lay my hands on a women, dating or otherwise instead I turn my anger into a pistons thing by using it as energy for my writing, painting and learning to control it using my martial arts training.

My anger problems are genetic though my father has the same anger problems despite that though he has never once laid a hand on me, my siblings or my mother only time we ever got hit was when we were spanked for being bad but we deserved it and we are better people becuase of it.