Is it weird to get engaged after 7 months or cute?

i love my fiance but i want other pepole thought on this. im 19 and she 17. ummmmm I don't know wwat eless to say...

Most Helpful Girl

• Deciding you want to marry someone is so much more than anything like weird or cute. If you are even questioning this and even thinking about asking this should maybe be a sign. I would really advise you to take some time and think this over a while longer. I've never been married so I'm not trying to be someone talking down to you, I'm just telling you my personal thoughts. I've had friends get married at your age and things worked out (its only been 7 years but it seems to be working) and I've had friends wait until they are 23 or 24 or older. Thing is this, for myself, I was still figuring myself out when I was your age but other people around me either had it all figured our or thought they already had it all figured out. Everyone is different and its unfair to judge someone and tell them they are too young for something but in my opinion if you are concerned whether or not getting engaged is weird or cute, maybe you aren't ready to take that step. I feel like adjectives that describe getting engaged should be nothing related to question but instead should be simple like, "it feels right" or "I know this is what I want" more like thoughts of certainty. Good luck : )

What Girls Said 6

• You need more time. If it's right, she'll stick around for the wait. 17 and 19 is such a huge difference maturity wise plus 7 months is not enough time to really know if you are able to work through differences. Love is not enough to make a relationship work.

It sounds like you're already engaged, so make it a promise that one day you will be married and your heart is hers, but you need to wait before marriage. You need to ask questions like, where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you want your career to be? What about kids? Do you plan on buying a house or living in an apparent? How will you two be able to support each other financially? I'm not asking for the answers, but you need to think over /all/ the hard questions.

• Yeah, 7 months is way too soon. That's really rushing it and that's not good to do. Also you're really young, maybe wait a few more years.

• People who:

1. Ask if their engagement is CUTE or not
    2. Are grammatically challenged

Probably aren't ready for marriage yet.

http://i.imgur.com/oyjb1pd.gif

• I'm sorry, but I think its stupid. 7 months does not give you enough time to get to know a person, or the opportunity to see whether you are compatible to grow together. Have you fought? Have you been together for extensive amounts of time?

You're young. What's the rush? Enjoy being young and in love.

• Some people actually get engaged sooner than that. So no, it's not weird. But don't be in a rush to get married. You're still young.

• if you guys were older like 24 and 25 lets say. then I would think 7 months is a decent amount of time. but your age is way to young! im in a serious relationship (been together 3 years) and im 18 and his 19. we are considering while in college renting an apartment together.. but wouldn't consider marriage for a while. just something to wait on and not rush. you guys have so much to learn about each other and life. lol

What Guys Said 2

• It's a completely dumb move, but sure, "weird" would be fitting of course, too. It's completely silly after 7 months, her not even being 18, and you being 19 -- to even have your sights set on riding off in the sunset forever-and-ever without buying a ring!

The only way for your sights & expectations set on that for the long future (Without ring shopping), where it'd be cute, is if you were childhood friends, everyone kind of knew you guys had something together, your family knows her family, and when she was 14 and you were 16 you started dating so closely and it's been 3 years, etc etc etc. Even then Far from a guarantee -- but yes, cute.

Remember the difference of you being 12, to you being 16? Okay. The same difference for many people is them being 17 to them being 21. People go off to college -- even not that far away -- things CHANGE. Life changes. The first was getting into biological adulthood... the 2nd is getting into cultural/environmental adulthood after learning the ropes.

In the olden days where women were barefoot & pregnant, the cookers & cleaners, and society was as basic as plain farmland ya drive through -- you may have a case. That 2nd part wasn't so big.

But you asking this -- is like you being 15 and she being 13, dating after 7 months -- expecting to be together like peas & carrots at post-college-age. Don't ring shop, man. There's No Need to anyway. Just roll with it, go out... get her a Promise Ring for symbolism if you're so wound up & attached... and in 3 years, when you're 22 and she's 20, and you've been like peas & carrots -- then you can think about actual Ring Shopping.

• As a rule of thumb I wouldn't marry someone until I'm at least in my mid 20's and have been with them for at least 2 years. Frankly you two sound young and it sounds way too early. 7 months together isn't even close to a life together, which is what marriage is supposed to be about.