16 and 22...a bad combo ?

I'm 16 and a friend of mine is 22.

i don't plan on being in a relationship with him or sleep with him, but I've been thinking a lot recently that I can sort of have a "fling" with him.

we've been friends for almost 3 years and just recently he said if I ever did make a move on him, he wouldn't be offended, but has no intentions of sleeping with me [considering the law and everything].

so since it's summer, should I just go for it ? or bad idea ?

Most Helpful Guy

• "he said if I ever did make a move on him, he wouldn't be offended, but has no intentions of sleeping with me."

when a guy says something like this, he's issuing a challenge to you. he's all but begging you to make a move and change his mind.

And I think a 22 year old who'd say that to a high school junior is probably a loser, with no sense of boundaries, decency or propriety.

• So what do you think I should I do to clear this up ?

• Flattery's okay. But always remember who's flattering you, and why.

• True...

thanks for the insight :]

What Guys Said 1

• I'm not sure what you mean by fling if you're not going to sleep with him (which by the way may be statutory rape, considering where you live)? Are you just going to make out or something?

Beware because a 22 year old guy probably has a different idea of a "fling" than it sounds like you do.

• Yeah just make out and stuff...

i didn't know another word for it

• Guys and girls are both more complicated when they're older. There are different rules, boundaries and expectations.

• Yeah...i guess my time will get there soon enough.

thanks for the advice :]

What Girls Said 0