After 5 months of dating he can't still tell me he loves me or he just doesn't?

My bf of 5 months only tells me he really likes me and I am important to him but it sounds like he is telling me that he does not love me and that is why he keeps saying he really likes me.

Should I worry? Is this normal?
Or does he want to just make me understand that he is not in live with me by saying so?

Most Helpful Guy

• Action louder than words and all that jazz. Don't fret it, enjoy what you have now.

What Guys Said 1

• He most likely doesn't want to risk leading you on. I'm not doubting the strength of your relationship, but I know from experience that the stronger he feels about you, the more cautious with saying "I love you" he will be.

• Or he is just nervous to proclaim his love to you because of the fear of you not feeling the same way.

• He is really affectionate and we spend time every weekend. He treats me really really well. He knows I am wanting to hear it and when we talk about future he says he doesn't know. It goes like I really really like you but I don't know the future...:(

• Well don't worry, he just doesn't want to get your hopes up on the slight chance that he has a change of heart.

What Girls Said 1

• 5 months is a while. Maybe he's just one to take things slow. Is he really affectionate or distant?

My bf and I were dating for a month and a half, a week after he asked me to be his gf he told me he loved me.
    I was shocked. (Kind of too soon)
    I didn't say I love you till 3 months into the relationship.

Everyone is different.

• Maybe he's been through somethings in the past and doesn't want to rush this.
      Just take it slow, just be cautious not to get too emotionally involved so you won't get too hurt if it doesn't work out.