How do I have the talk with the guy I'm dating?

I've been dating this for almost 2 years and neither one of us has said I love you. I think it's been long enough for him to know one way or the other. Would it be unreasonable if I asked him if he loves me? I just don't want to waste any more time with someone who doesn't love me. I need love :(

Most Helpful Guy

• If neither of you (you included) has said the words after 2 damn years... I think it's safe to say you aren't going anywhere. Two years is a massive amount of time for that not to have happened and if it takes that long for just the words to be said, just imagine about a wedding proposal or anything long term.

• Do you think there's any point in asking him? Can I assume that he doesn't love me?

• What happened?

• He said that he didn't know. And if he doesn't know after all this time then he'll never know and I don't want to waste any more time on him.

Most Helpful Girl

• I just saw This, sweetie... It most likely has been just a 'Friends with benefits' factor, which happens a lot today. You both should have had the Big talk a long time ago, however live and learn... Just another One of life's little lessons in love, should this ever happen again.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you, sweetie, for the Vote of confidence.:)) xxoo

What Guys Said 2

• Wouldn't ask, thats kind of like hey, you make me feel like shit.

Say it first, some guys aren't going to say it first for many reasons.

• Is it "just dating" or is he full-on your bf? If he's actually your bf, then he of course loves you... not everyone uses words to express that, but if he's there, chatting to you, spending time with you, helping you out with things, and doing all the boyfriend-y things, then all those things are saying "i love you". If you're just kinda 'dating' though then it's a little less clear.

• But anyway, I suggest just tell him you love him and tell him that you'd like to hear him say that to you also more often. For some people it's difficult to say those words but it doesn't necessarily mean they don't love you. Tell him it means a lot to you to hear them and see if it catches on with him.

• (I suppose the alternative is he really doesn't feel it, but I would guess that in that case he probably wouldn't spend so much time with you)

• Thank you!!!

What Girls Said 1

• Say him that you love him. Wait for his answer. If he doesn't love you, let it go.