I'm too jealous to date anyone?

I'm jealous off all female friends, online female friends, I don't trust guys when they go to the bar, or when they don't respond to my messages.

I don't know how to fix this. I'm so confident that any guy I'm with is a cheating dirt bag, that I almost don't want to...

Most Helpful Guy

• The best way to address those kind of major trust issues is through counseling with a counselor you really like. I'm guessing it's something about the way you were raised that accounts for this. My ex was like you and it was because her mother was evil. My daughter even calls her her evil grandmother. Pretty sad, huh? Go get some help before it ruins your life.

• My mother is evil. :(
      And I don't see how counseling can fix this. I tried counseling for other issues before, but like. Idk... I'm both a complete cynic, logical, and I tend to think other people are stupid, so it didn't work so well.

• I guess its worth trying again. :/

• Be confident that you can change because you can. It won't be fast or easy. It's an investment in a happier lifetime.

What Guys Said 4

• You fix this through will. Will's like a habit, you have to exercise it in your day to day activities. Little by little it'll grow.

• yeah but the more I willfully suppress my urge to say I think he's cheating, or that he's ignoring me, or he likes other girls better, the more explosive it is when I break down and say it.

• I would never peek into a guy's privacy past a Facebook stalk (but anyone can do that. Its not really private)

and relationships are founded on sexiness and blowjob skillz :(

• Nah, relationships aren't founded on that, otherwise it would be no different than animals fornicating at a zoo.

• the no trust thingy won't filter good from bad. it will more likely scare good and bad at the same time. is there a way you can test how much you can trust a guy without just being jealous, like giving him something to do for you, some kind of challange you know

• I know right? about the scaring part. Which is why at least part of me wants to fix myself. :/

there is really no way for me to test a guy, and even if I could think of a way, that's too crazy, even for me man.

• i dont want a relationship that's about punishments. but thanks for the opinion

• it's not about rushing into relationships. it's about telling the guy he can't treat you like shit and you let him do whatever. the guy that goes in 1 knows he has/will treat you the same way as he wants you to treat him.

• Shit, I'm jealous too. I don't believe men and women can be platonic friends, one is always looking for more. If it isn't you it's them and vice versa. I suppose you just have to meet someone like-minded and it wouldn't be an issue.

• I guess so. Or maybe we'd just both end up being insane and ruining it twice as fast then? lol

But yeah, i'm starting to not buy whole platonic friend bull shit. If you like them enough to want to spend time with them or talk to them, you like them enough to cheat.

What Girls Said 2

• If you feel really jealous it's due to insecurity. You will emit that insecure energy and will attract guys who will prey on it, meaning that you will attract cheaters and liars. Work on figuring out why you don't love yourself-that's the answer. When you think that you are awesome, nothing can touch you. People will come and go but the right people will stay. You won't feel an ounce of jealousy or suspicion - if he strays, it's his loss.

• ahh you make it sound so easy...

• It's not easy but do the work, it will pay off. Don't invest so much in men either, they're great but we are by far the stronger sex darlin'. Don't let them consume you, they are silly creatures most of the time;)

• Yeah... I kinda feel the same way. Kinda sad!
    There's always going to be someone prettier, smarter, and more athletic..

• younger, thinner, better at sex, richer...
      The list goes on and on...