Is it fine to go dutch after the second date?

On our first date, she mentioned feeling guilty about what I was paying (because of the expense) and offered to pay a bit towards it, but I always have a rule to never go dutch on the first two dates, so I refused for obvious reasons.

We'll be going on a second date and I'll be doing the same thing, because my rule is never to go dutch on the first two dates.

However, is it fine to go dutch after this? Not wanting to appear cheap, but I don't want her feeling guilty about not contributing and not assuming she's her own woman and independent, etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think there is anything wrong with making the girl pay for part of the bill. When I first started dating my boyfriend I usually chipped in for the tip and every once in a while I would pay for the entire meal.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• perfectly fine. she and he should both be cool with it.

• Is there a specific reason why you choose to wait after 2 dates? I'm really curious.

• Hmm, I think mostly because the first two dates set the initial first impressions of the other person.