Are these clothes ok for a first date (Pic Included)?

My friends always make comments about the way I dress saying that its too fancy, they wear video-game t shirts most of the time, and its made me think that maybe I try too hard in the looks department, what do you think, is this too much?

http://gyazo.com/143064ff395103e61f1b56462721ce6a

Most Helpful Girl

• How you feel about what you wear is the most important as long as your comfortable go with confidence and work it;) cute dog by the way

What Girls Said 10

• There's nothing wrong with dressing well. That picture is sort of dark / hard to make out, but the jacket looks fine, not sure about the pants though. Don't let your friends' comments get you down... dress how you like! It's your style, not theirs. I have a friend who always dresses very well, and I really hope that no one nags him about it because he looks great and the style suits him.

• something about the jacket doesn't seem like you. I mean i don't know you and you could probably be a leather-jacket-wearing-dude but it just doesn't seem like you

• It''s not like you're wearing a tux hahah. I don't know where the date will be but it looks nice to me, never anything wrong with dressing nice!

• I know, what they said just got to me is all

• Everyone's style is different, so they may not like it, but as a girl I can tell you that dressing up for a date is never a bad thing.

• As long as its comfortable for you, its fine! The style suits you so I wouldn't assume its over-dressing. Its also nice to know that you put in a little effort (unlike your friends) when it comes to dating, the girl will appreciate that!

• Looks fine to me. Are you comfortable wearing it yourself and is it suitable for the activity (e. g. high heels for a hike aren't good!)? if yes to both questions, then why not :) xx

• It looks alright. It seems you're trying a little too hard. Dress a little more classy but not too trashy. I don't care if my date wore a video game t shirt on the first date. Where exactly are you guys going?

• You look fine, just go out with confidence and be a great date. The big thing that matters is that your date has fun with you.

• I don't think the shirt is working with that jacket.

• bad pic quality, I cannot see the true colors, are the jeans torn? I think it's nice for a date in a city where people dress in those type of clothes (here is San Francisco you'd fit in), if it's just a casual date in a small town then yes maybe too dressed up. My opinion on the style... I like the rocker type look, but it has to be done right.. and it has to fit your personality and lifestyle.

• Are you like a Goth or punk or rocker?
    Outfits cool I love it but it does look like something that me and my group of friend would wear so I would like it.

What Guys Said 1

• Oh yeah.. Sure... Perfect... If you want it to be your last.