Does it make you have "bad taste in men" because they're a little younger than you?

A lot of people will pressure you to go for a guy at least a few years older than you. If not, say you like a guy who's a few months younger; it's all "weird" or even seen as cougar or pedophile-ish. Why is that?
I know that guys typically mature slower than girls. But what may be your experience with guys who're your age or younger? Or what do you think of these types of pairings

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to not do it, if a guy was younger than me there was no way of was going to happen, buuuuut... I met my beautiful fiancĂ© and he is 2 1/2 years younger than me and it doesn't matter one bit, no one has ever seriously commented on it (I do look a good few years younger than 30 though) and I wouldn't give a f*@k if they did! If you get on and like each other, and it's legal, then go for it.

What Guys Said 5

• Your taste depends on their intellect. Age is just an arbitrary criterion for relationships that has nothing to do with reality; it's socially constructed.

• Strong with this one, the air of sophisticated metacognition is.

• Meta-cognitive judgement is when I think about my previous thoughts such as whether I was right or wrong or have I reacted wisely or not, etc. It's thinking about thinking, which is an epistemic capacity that almost all humans share.

• I have never heard of what you are talking about. Ever. It's not weird at all so just ignore anyone who says that.

• Taste is subjective, its about as subjective as subjective things get, in fact.
    So like all subjective things, there's no good or bad, there's only what you have.
    Whatever you like, don't worry about it, embrace it. Its not like you can force yourself to like something else.

The only time I say taste is bad, is when people are attracted to crack heads or bad boys because there's no future there.

Also I'm kind of the same as you, I like older women more than younger.

• you should not care what others say. the thing is the legal age shit. where I live its illegal 17 + 19 but legal 13 + 17 as example. aswell 19 + 34 but that's a weird number

• I don't see the problem.

What Girls Said 2

• I think a few months younger isn't to bad. It's also depending on what age you're at. For instance if a 19 year old dated a 15 year old... it would be weird... very weird. However if a 29 year old dated a 25 year old or something like that. It's significantly less weird.

• I know what you mean and honestly I used to be one of those girls that would turn down a guy if he was younger than me. Society hasn't reached a point where older women can date younger guys without getting criticized. Those couples are becoming more common so views are changing. I can tell you that dating a guy 1 year younger isn't that bad they can be just as immature as an older guy it really depends on the individual. I just feel that having such an age gap like 10-20 years is pushing it since you guys will hit phases of your lives at different times.