Is it wrong to be attracted to older men?

For as long as I can remember I've been more attracted to older men. I'm not talking two or so years, I mean anywhere between five to ten years older than myself ( I am 16). My family has always made me feel a little bad about it, but I've overlooked age because I am very mature and I feel as though I need a man who is on the same level as I am intellectually. Is this a negative outlook?
Guys, would you even take a second look at a girl younger than you?
Is age really that big of a deal?

Most Helpful Guy

• Look, you're still really young and don't realize how much life experience actually matters. Say what you want, but you'll understand just how painfully true it is in about fifteen years. This is why your family doesn't want you to date a guy that much older, they fear he's going to take advantage of your youthful naïveté (which is honestly far less common than people tend to think).

That being SAID - That doesn't mean you can't RELATE to a man who's much older than you, and there are definite perks to dating an older guy. He's usually established, he's got his life in order, job, housing, vehicle, etc. He's less interested in partying and sleeping around (read: LESS interested in using you for sex than a guy your own age would be, or the exact opposite of what your family fears) and he knows better how to treat a woman, both in and out of the bedroom. They're more physically mature, as well as emotionally, and more confident in life and less awkward in... pretty much everything.

So it's pretty understandable why you're attracted to older guys.

I wouldn't have dated a sixteen year old girl when I was twenty-five, but I'm currently in a relationship with a twenty-five year old girl (I'm 34) .

What Guys Said 4

• It's okay to be attracted to them, but don't act on that attraction until you're at least out of high school.

• There are so many guys in their mid to late 20s who would jump at the chance to be with a 16 year old. Just be careful they don't take advantage of you.

• It's a big deal if she isn't 18

• It's not wrong to be attracted as long as you don't get involved aka touch. As far as the myth older guys are only looking for younger girls to take advantage of them? Don't listen to that garbage. Younger women attracting to older men has been around since the beginning of time and worked out just fine. So why suddenly in the last few decades are men only attracted to younger women in order to take advantage of them? Well here's why. Older men attracted to younger women to take advantage of them is false indoctrination spewed by leftist, feminist and feminizers IE code word for pinko's. You're living in a society that only wants indoctrinate and confuse you, be your own judge and don't let them think for you which is what they want to do.

What Girls Said 3

• Not wrong at all. About your age I too was attracted to older man. No worries, your attracted to who your attracted to.

• It is wrong cos you're still under 18. Dwelve on it when you reach 18 and over.

• It's not bad and I think it's rather natural. Girls mature faster then guys and the difference is about 5 years.

However, at your age it is a huge maturity difference. You aren't going to notice it now, but the older you get, the more you will notice that maturity difference. You're not as mature as you think you are. People in college aren't even mature. Actually I will put the people in college pretty far down on the maturity scale... like way far down.

People that are 5 to 10 years older than you that would date you do /not/ have good intentions or, they won't have the maturity that you are looking for anyways.

• Thank you!!

• yep! and at your age, even 2 years is a huge difference. Just be smart and be careful.