Dating an introverted quiet girl?

Hey guys, I am a freshman in highschool and i have never had a boyfriend or known about somebody crushing on me. I can kind of understand why. I am not a size 2. I do not have perfect skin. I dont have perfect flowing hair. My family is not rich. I am ALWAYS that ugly friend that just gets ignored. I dont like to talk much but when you talk to me for a while i will open up and I am pretty friendly. It always seems like its my crush that likes my best friend and not me. You may say that i just need to focus on me right now, or that i am too young for a boyfriend but i just need to know. Is there something wrong with me or who i am?

Most Helpful Guy

• The biggest thing wrong with you is your self esteem. You are so negative towards yourself, it projects outwardly.

Some things you can change. If you're heavy, lose weight. You can get a haircut. You can wear as nice of clothes as you can afford. The bottom line is to be the best 'you' that you can be, rather than comparing yourself to other people.

What Guys Said 3

• I have to concur with yaddayaddayadda02. You can only be the best you. Don't focus on what others are doing and live a happy life. You are young, but I only say that to say that the person you are meant to be with will come when the time is right. I know that's not something you want to hear, but it's the truth. Work on your self-esteem and don't beat yourself up. I am sure you are beautiful. Don't allow what the world thinks is beautiful to shape how you feel.

• I was seeing an introverted home schooled girl for a few months. I never escalated with her because she never showed signs of going any further in the relationship. Eventually I stopped talking to her. You need to be happy with yourself before you can be with someone else otherwise they will become your source of happiness, and then if they leave? It's a toxic scenario.

Try to be more outgoing, I know that goes against what an introvert is. Ask more questions, show interest... show interest! Ask questions! Make them more personal as time goes on.

• You're a kid... 14 years old or so, not even close to being a full grown woman. Too young to be worrying about this. It doesn't matter. Have fun being a kid while you still can, cause it won't last much longer..

What Girls Said 0