How to let a girl down nicely?

As I'm not that experienced in the world of dating, I would like some advice:

I've been on two dates with this girl, however she really doesn't seem that interested and I feel that things aren't really going anywhere

As the weekend is approaching, it is that time that we would usually be setting up another date but as I don't see the point of that (and possibly neither does she), I was wondering whats the best way of telling her (as she has already sent me a text, the reply to which would be something about the weekend's plans) that perhaps its time to call it quits?

For reference we're both in our mid 20s so not kids anymore.

Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 5

• Honesty is the best policy! And if you're saying that she doesn't look too interested either, chances are that she won't be mad with you. It's best to nip it in the bud sooner rather than later. You wouldn't wanna lead her on if you don't have any intentions of being with her, anymore. I would just be honest and tell her how you feel. It's going to suck, trust me. But you'll be happy you did it in the long run.

• Just tell her honestly that you don't see this relationship going anywhere, you're not feeling what you want to be feeling at this point, and you aren't interested in pursuing this further. You're both adults, she'll get it. How would a guy want to be let down nicely? :P

• Tell her you are not interested and if it is not something she can't control such as her appearance or her intelligence - tell her why so she doesn't do the same thing with the next guy and not have him like her either.

• I've been rejected so much that this is easy. Never say it not you it's me, let's just be friends or we can still be friends, that there is no spark, or others that will just make her feel like shit. Tell her exactly why you don't think it will work. She may or may not feel bad after this but knowing why it happened is way better than one of the cheesy lines you could say.

• Its only been 2 dates. Just tell her you aren't interested.

What Guys Said 2

• there's no easy way to do it man just do it, chances are shell be a total bitch about it anyway like my ex. good luck

• Just tell her the truth. Tell her that your not feeling a connection like your looking for.