Does my boyfriend really mean it when he says he loves me?

We're both 14, we've known each other 3 years, we've been dating for 6 months.

Most Helpful Guy

• he probably means it when he says it but hasn't a clue what he is meaning to say because he's just so damn inexperienced for his age. im sure what he is really trying to express is "I really really so much really really like you! like a lot! I feel you are my world! I just really really like you! there is no other girl out there better than you! I really super totally like you" and putting all that in terms of "I love you" :P which is cute I guess but he doesn't know what he's saying, most likely.

What Guys Said 4

• At your age, I'm sure he means it. Whether he means it in a few years? Who knows... I was TOTALLY in love with (name removed to protect the innocent) at 13. I would have given anything to be with her. When I was 14, I moved to high school and fell even harder for my German teacher. Another unrequited love, lol! Drove me nuts that I couldn't have the ones I wanted. At least you're both on the same sheet of music for a while. Enjoy each other's company for what it is, but try to stay realistic. Most folks don't meet a life long soul mate during puberty, no matter how much it might feel that way at the time.,,,,,,,, I wonder what she's doing these days...:-)

• You're going to hate me for it, but "I love you" is a word that can only be known to be meant for sure if and only if you have great careers, great friends whom you could have dated instead and you feel great.

• Would have been great if whoever down-voted me could actually unpack this sentence rather than to dismiss it altogether.

• Of course he does, otherwise he wouldn't have said it.

• Sorry, none of us here have the ability to see into his heart. We don't know anything about him, other than that he's your boyfriend and you've been dating for six months.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes i believe he means it as much as he can. By that i mean that being 14, you guys honestly don't know what love really is. At 14, love is much different then love at 24 for example. So i believe he loves you as much as a 14 year old can believe what love is.