Gonna ask my brother's friend out, any thoughts?

I know he thinks im pretty, and there's something between us. He's kinda shy and quiet like my brother and i like it. I'm kinda shy too, still i'm not afraid of taking the initiative, i'm forthright, so no prob. He's 22 and im 18. He might feel awkward cuz i once heard one of my brother's friends asking him "What happens if i date your sister?" and he was like "Haha i'd kill you" But i don't really care, i want to dare
i'm probably gonna say something like "would u prefer to go out with me instead of my brother sometime?"
or whatever, i just want opinions

Most Helpful Guy

• Well as long it ain't his best mate then you should be fine to ask out one of his friends :)

• most helpful so far

• Most guys are flattered to be asked out by a girl in the first place, because usually its their role. So in your case I think he'd be more than happy to go with you for a change. Yeah its a nice way to say it.

• great :)

What Guys Said 3

• Do what you want but don't expect this guy to accept. Your brother will likely not be amused by this idea.

• got no expectations

• Then you're in a good place for taking the risk. I can respect that.

• never ends good dont do it unless you see that your going to be with him for the rest of you life you can reck your bothers friend ship

• if we ever break up, we can still be friends

• not going to work out XD

• well, it could be awkward, but i dont care, i like him, hope itll last

• So, you're doing it out of spite... you sound like a great catch -_-

• out of spite? im doing it bc i like him and i want to dare to ask 1st even though im the girl

• i don't think he'd care that much, it's childish, he can't be the obstacle

• I'm just sayin'

What Girls Said 1

• do it im actually dating my brothers bestfriend and in all honesty the only part my brother sfreaks out about is when he sees us kissing haha, but yeah you should do it if you like him