Is this guy a catfish?

I met a guy through OkC and chatted for two weeks. Finally he gave me his phone number. We have been texting all week and are getting along great.
I usually meet a guy after 1 or 2 weeks after we meet on OkC. So I'm surprised this guy hasn't asked me out. We have similar taste in movies and talked about restaurants we should try. But he always says the same thing, "some day I would like to take you."

Most Helpful Guy

• He might just be nervous like others said. He also might be worried that you are a catfish. Also, unless of course you guys are talking about dating kind of stuff, he might just really like keeping what's going on right now at the chat level. Sharing photos with someone these days doesn't have to mean they're interested in you. I've been on dating sites where people are looking strictly for platonic relationships and I've been on "friend" websites where people are constantly hitting you up for sexually explicit pics. Maybe be straight with him. If you don't feel comfortable asking him out, how about you asking him when he is going to ask you out? It's not as forward as you asking him out and then he still is the one who has to make the move. Not entirely being a catfish, he might have some personal concern that he doesn't think you're going to accept. Maybe he's trying to lose a few pounds before he meets you, hence "some day I would like to take you", or maybe there's something else he's not talking about that he wants to improve upon before he asks you out. Good luck!!! =)

What Guys Said 4

• You could try asking him out, see his reaction to the invitation.

• It's called Stress, at most I've had 4 mail replies, but never met the girls I've talked to in person. Online dating is way

• Catfish? I don't know that expression lol

• Vague for some day, either looking for you to ask him out based on that or show enough interest in going out with him.

Ask him out, I wouldn't agree to a late night jog some of those guys mention though haha.

What Girls Said 3

• Hm... Maybe he could, maybe he couldnt. I think its time to take initiative and ask him out. Just say something like "so i really want to meet you! Do you think we can meet at starbucks at 11:00 on friday?". If he keeps rejecting, and making up lame excuses, then yes, definite catfish.

• he might be nervous. but there is the chance he isn't who he says he is.. have you seen pictures? talked on the phone? or v-chatted?

• well if he's using the internet then i seriously doubt he's a catfish... unless fish have recently evolved without my knowing :P