If a guy doesn't text you back much, or takes ages to reply, does it mean he's not interested?

I have been seeing this guy for a couple of months and things seem to be going great. When I see him he is great and treats me so well. I really like him and he acts like he likes me but neither of us have said it. We slept together for the first time just the weekend gone. The thing is he doesn't text me back much during the week. like he won't text me at all during the day, then sometimes late at night he will text me for a bit. But then sometimes it will be over 24 hours till he replies to my text. I know that he works long hours and I understand if he can't text much during the day, but going 24 hour periods? Does it sound like he isn't as into me as I think? In saying that on the weekend if I'm not with him he texts me back more.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't necessarily say that. First of all, guys are not big texters or communicators. It's not how we bond with women. Men bond through physical contact and closeness. Women bond through communication. both things respectively release hormones like dopamine that make us feel good. That's why girls always want to talk to their BF where as guys never do and just want to touch you and have sex with you.

Plus given what you said, he's likely reading the text when he is at work or busy with the intention of replying, then forgets about it until a later time. I do this all the time if I've read the text and as a result no longer have any sort of notification on my phone.

Honestly, texting habits are one of the last things I would judge a guy's interest by.

What Guys Said 4

• It's generally a bad sign, but there are exceptions. For instance, if you see each other a lot and talk a lot in person, which it sounds like you do, then it's fine. It's hard to keep text conversations going when you're keeping in touch (know so much about each other and already know what is generally going on in the other person's life). So, if this is the only red flag, I don't think that you should worry too much about it.

• I Usually do not have my phone with me all day and can take days to reply to a text, I think this is normal. As far as being into you or not he slept with you so that is either worth something or you were used. I like to think positive, maybe its time to ask him where your relationship is at.

• He sounds like a busy man. Are you sure he doesn't text you much or are you just more needy than the average? If I text someone at night before I sleep it would most likely be someone I am interested in.

• I don't think I am being needy, I will usually not text him back until he texts me. After our first date he pretty much didn't message me for a week and then came back to me. I think I'm just worried because I've had heaps of situations in the past where a guy will lose interest once I have slept with him.

• Kinda, I know he works from 7 to 6 most days, then does his fitness thing a few times a week.

• Well if you pretty much know his daily life and he is doing anything out of the ordinary I really think he is just a busy man and probably is tired.

• Not necessarily. He may not be interested or he may just be unsure or busy you'll never know. Why does it matter that he texts you back though? If he doesn't text you back it doesn't have to ruin your day unless you decide to sit and dwell on it. Sometimes people don't text back it happens you can come up with a million reasons why so the odds of you guessing right is little to none. So try not to worry about why he hasn't texted back. Try thinking about the work you have to finish or that TV show you wanna watch or call a good friend and see what they're up too. He'll reply when he wants to. It may be the next day it may be never either way you'll be fine.

What Girls Said 1

• Are you in an exclusive relationship? To me that isn't much contact