Online staker experience today, ending with the police being called! Has this happened to you?

ok I am on a dating site and some girl messaged me on it, her profile made her seem really nice and stuff and he also looked pretty, I talked for a while but she was getting too flirty. She then said she has seen me around town, we live in the same place. I told her I had to go and stuff and said it was nice talking to her. I did what ever I had to do but then when I logged back on her profile pic was of me and she had a lot of love hearts on it and stuff like that, I thought it was really creepy, she then started to talk to me again but then was asked me' why are you asking weird questions' all I asked what books does she like to read. She got angry. I said sorry if I offended her. Then I told her I watch equals 3, that show on YouTube and she got really angry, saying ' I can't believe you watch that sexist shit' I was like whats your problem. after that I was just trying to make convo when she said ' why do you talk awhile to answer? what other girls you talking too'? I then notice the pic of me on her profile had the word 'death 'written on it, I started to get scared and just said that his convo isn't going well we should just leave it. that's when she lost it and got so angry. she found me on Facebook and started to send shit to my friends. She called me sexist a racist and stuff like that and I am far from that. I ending up having to call the police, she started sending pics to me. a pic of me on my laptop from outside my window. It nearly 3 am and I am still awake with a knife beside me just in case, I am actually really scared. she said she would kill me. her profile on the dating site is down but I still have all the convo for the police, so this has been a really bad day. has anything like this ever happened to anyone at all, or something similar?

Most Helpful Girl

• First so sorry to hear this happened to you. I fortunately have not had any crazy stuff happen to me, I have always believed someone is watching out for me, protecting me from crazy crap that you have experience. My guardian angel so to speak.

The oddest thing that ever happened to me was on the perverted side. I went out with this guy, and he told me about his strange fetish... which involved feces. I will say no more, I ended his conversation with a hand in his face... and said stop. That was the end of the date.

There are truly some strange, twisted... mental individuals in the world.

• hell yeah there is, it has been a weird day, it all happened so fast I couldn't believe it

• haha I won't dont worry, plenty of nice people out there too, not just the bad ones

• Very true. It is the bad ones' that throw the wrench in the works.

What Girls Said 7

• Girls cling to show that they love you.

Jk that's horrifying

• most horrifying thing ever, I am still in shock and am so scared

• I had a guy take me to a Taylor Swift concert & buy me a whole bunch of stuff. But turns out he was into rape play and that type of bullshit, so I ran away & had my ex come pick me up.

• wow that is creepy, did you ever see him again?

• hell no. But it was a bit creepy thinking that there was a possibility that he could come back & find me. But I ended up getting a new phone/number anyway because I wanted a Smartphone. Plus, he didn't know exactly where I lived because I asked him to pick me up at the corner of my complex, not at my door. Months later he tried to email me one time to say he was sorry for how things had ended up but that he hoped I had a good holiday. Needless to say, I blocked him. So no, I never saw him again. :)

• oh well that's good, sounds like a weirdo

• I can't blame her on the equals 3 RWJ sucks, that's for immature people but whoa... she needs to be locked up.

• well it may be immature but I like it, haha I guess that means im immature lol. yeah she really scared me. I was so scared and still am

• ugh, immature people, maybe that's why you had the bad luck lol!

• Whoa! Nope, that's never happened to me. Scary stuff!

• I know, I feel like crying, she was crazy, I think I will be careful who I talk to next time

• Lol that's unfortunate :/ I don't really know what advice to give there except to keep your personal info personal. And you're welcome :)

• haha I will keep it personal, thanks

• Thats fucking terrifying

• yeah it really was, im still scared like, at least to police know about it

• im officially never going on a dating site

• I had to stop reading... why did you keep talking to her and getting to know her after she did that creepy thing with your pic... you obviously like it and are not creeped out...

• well I thought it was creepy but I thought maybe she did it not realising it was creepy, like as I said she seemed nice so I said I would give her a chance, something like that is harmless, but clearly I was wrong, she got really creepy after that but you have to remember I was talking to her for a good bit before she changed the pic. she was really nice and sweet. so I thought she didn't realise that it was creepy and wasn't making a big deal out of it

What Guys Said 3

• RWJ is awesome.

• I know!! that girl was crazy as soon as she said shit against it. what you think of the new host? I think he alright

• RWJ is sexist in the same way that my pencil is a carbon-fiber etching tool. In essence, not at all.

• lol dude I agree with you

• Holy bloody hell!

That escalated hardcore and I feel that it's probably safe for you to assume it won't happen a second time in the foreseeable future.

• dude I was so scared, I had to close my Facebook

• oh im anon just in case, taking no chance with this crazy person.

• Good call.

• Dude this happens to me at least once a week. Just stop watching that show /9almost got killed for it too) and lay low for a bit. Leave the lights off cuz she can't see you that way.

• haha I like the show, the new host Is actually good

• It will be the death of you