Should I date a guy with male pattern baldness?

He's very young but he's balding. He looks cute now but I fear he'll end up being a middle aged fat bald man. I know this is stupid but this man really likes me and I like him too but his hair is worrying me.

Honest advice please! Any answer is welcome...o

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends on how bald he is

Most Helpful Guy

• Exactly... Just tell him to shave it all off when it gets too bad.

Ever seen Patrick Stewart? If I were a girl, I'd be drooling all over Star Trek...

Anyways... If you like him, go date him. His appearance should be the least of your worries. Because remember that you can always change that (as seen above by shaving it).

You can even offer to shave his head yourself. Could be fun ;)

What Guys Said 7

• You're worried that he'll be a fat bald man later in life, but fatness has nothing to do with baldness. Are you worried that he'll let himself become fat regardless of balding? It sounds like there might be more than just the balding that you're worried about.

Either way, if you are only considering dating him, then his appearance 20 years from now is a terrible reason not to date him. There's no sense worrying about that if you're not even sure if things will go well in the present. Date him, and you'll find that as you being to like him for who he really is (his personality, etc.) then you'll get a better sense of how much the balding actually concerns you. It may be a lot still, or it may be reduced because of your feelings for him as a person. Either way, don't shoot yourself in the foot by trying to predict what you'll feel 20 years in the future when you haven't even tried dating the guy yet.

• I always told myself, the day I start loosing hair, I will just shave it off completely. His hair should be the least of your worries. Do you think you will look pretty and sexy yourself the rest of your life? Frankly I think you are being shallow.

• Why is it that guys are shallow for preferring certain body types in women, but it's okay for a woman to ask such a superficial comments about things that don't even exist in the here-and-now, and get "don't date him" votes from other girls?

I thought women are so much more emotionally intelligent than us guys, and don't worry so much about appearance. Ha!

This guy's hair says *nothing* about his character, goals, or how he'll treat you. He could be an ideal guy, and all you're worried about is a bald spot that may or may not get bigger.

• I wouldn't in any way write-off a woman if she, for some odd reason, happened to be bald, so I shouldn't think this should matter to you, considering this is much more common in men. After all, It's only hair. Buy a wig, shave it completely off. There's so much more to a person than hair. What next? Fingernail discrimination?

• Thats so so so true. me being a girl, and baldness runs in my family with the guys. being around them you see the beauty of the bald people.

• make him go to the doctor

there is more to people than just hair

• Date him then if he gets fat dump him

• If you don't like him like he is - don't date him. Better for you and for him.

What Girls Said 6

• That seems pretty shallow. Who cares if he turns into a middle-aged fat bad man if by the time all that rolls around, you love him? And, as commented by someone else, bald doesn't equal fat.

• fat bald man? Oh that's not nice. He can shave it all off if it's that big of a deal and who's to say he will get fat. Who's to say you won't get fat and age poorly? You are being way to critical.

• If you really like him then you shouldn't care about his hair. Hair isn't a big deal but if you can't dare with him while he's balding then go with him. Tell him to use Reloxe link for Natural hair regrowth. My friend used when he was balding then its worked for him.

• you could always buy him rogane later on as birthday anniversery presents. you'll never run outta gift ideas lol

• Just cause he may be bald doesn't mean he's going to be fat too...

• I think if you really like him then it shouldn't matter. There is more to people than hair. You will age too.