Can someone explain what she means by this? Doesn't want to be tied down or on reserve?

I'm trying to work things out with this girl... but it didn't go so great. anyway i was hoping someone could clarify what she's saying exactly

Me: So we can't try again in the future?
her: no i dont want to be tied down
*some texts later*
me: keep in mind im not even asking you to date right now, im willing to wait untill you're better :) (she is getting professional help for her illness and cannot date untill she is stable)
her: okay im not being tied now. i'm not on reserve

What does she mean by all this? does it possibly hint that she wants to date someone else or something? im really confused and could use a translation, and maybe WHY someone would say those things. thank you

• other guy?
  • other (post what)
she cannot date right now, like it's actually unsafe for her to date.

the "tied down/not on reserve" makes me think she wants to explore other options. but she can't do that as i just said? im confused

Most Helpful Girl

• I think she's saying "I don't want you to expect anything from me. I want to keep my options open."

• added update. im confused cause she LITERALLY should not date right now.

she's in alcoholics anonymous, and they state untill you've been a year sober you shouldn't date or you could relapse easy

• No offense taken, i stated in the very first line that i'm aware she's not into me haha.

but i didn't think of it like that (not wanting to be with me) too. thank you :)

• That's just my opinion. Lol but you're welcome :)

What Girls Said 2

• She dosent want a relationship right now she want to live life a a single sorry man

• added update

• Ok maybe she just not ready for a relationship it sound like he need a friend more than a man

• Either she really doesn't want a relationship right now or she is just making up excuse to dump you nicely or she wants to go on dating other guys while dating you, like your dating but not exclusively dating

What Guys Said 2

• She doesn't want you but if someone else comes along who she likes, she's getting with them.

• no i understand her wanting to date or not wanting to.

but she CANNOT date right now. and yes i know she is NOT interested in me. the purpose of this question is... why would she say what she said if she cannot date?

• It sounds pretty simple to me, she doesn't want to date, I don't understand what else needs deciphering here?

Just put her to the back of your mind and go and find a stable person who does want to date and who want to date YOU.