Would you date anyone with a visible disability?

Would you date someone with a disability you can see right away, such as immobility from the hips down, limb length discrepancy def, or blind? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's strictly physical, then I would likely have no problem with it. I'm not critical about that sort of thing.

The potential deal-breakers on it would be:
    1. How self sufficient is she? I have no problem helping out where help is needed, but I likely wouldn't want to be the 24/7 hospice care for her.
    2. How much of a complex does she have about it? I like to think I'm pretty accepting of disabilities and the like, and I know that not everybody is, but if she's too self-conscious to go out in public or something, then we have a problem.
    3. How is she affected mentally? I knew a girl with memory issues after experiencing brain trauma, and that was still okay. If she's moderately to severely mentally disabled, though, I don't think I could go through with it.

Paraplegia, limb discrepancy (due to genetics or amputation), and blindness are all fine by me.

What Guys Said 3

• sure I would. she is still a person ANND that disability makes her who she is so she could be a totally amazing individual that is unique like none other.

• Immediate reaction no, but it always depends on the person and the connection. Naturally we would prefer given the choice a partner with similar capabilities, but we can never know 100% until we're in such a situation. I can say for sure if I was already in a relationship and my partner became disabled I of course wouldn't leave her. Different people have different priorities in dating and finding somebody.

• I can't say i wouldn't. I mean, it all depends of the disability and the situation in which why i'm dating them to begin with.

• You're free to choose more or less which disability in this question.

• Well, like in all situations, i would have to find something that attracts me to them, for example, if a girl is blind, her being blind isn't reason for not going out with her, it would be more or less her... but from the waist down paralysis, thats a tough one because there would be no sexual closeness when the time came you know.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes I would. doesn't change the person inside and its okay if he isn't able to do everything because of it.

• Depends on the disability and my/their current situation... In most cases, I'd be totally fine with it.

• Depends on the disability.

Blind or death = sure

Paralyzed from waist down/amputee = Probably not

• Yes I would, as long as his intellect was not affected by the disability.

• I have in the past but I wouldn't call it a disability. He could do more than I can and he didn't have a problem attracting girls.