If you had to date someone with a disability, would you rather date someone with a mental, or physical handicap?

It's all in the title :) Tell me why you would prefer one to the other.

• Mental
  • Physical
  • I'll become a monk/nun
  • Don't care show me results!
*Mental handicaps can also include psychiatric conditions like Schizophrenia and DID.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have several mental disabilities and would rather date someone like me. I can connect better with someone like me.

• It is nice. I'm "recovered", and by that I mean that I've had enough self study that I can recognize my own triggers and warning signs and get myself away from the situation before I have any problems. But it is a huge comfort being with someone who really does understand. Somehow, I managed to end up with a guy with the same condition in the same stages of recovery, and that is why we're working so well together.

What Guys Said 4

• Mental handicaps are extremely problematic. You are either incapable of functioning like a regular intelligent human being, or you are just unstable and could murder me in my sleep. Neither is cool, so voted physical.

• Nah, I'll just break your kneecaps so we can be handicapped together! JK I agree, and had assumed this would majorly be the response received.

• For me, mental handicaps are much harder to overcome than physical ones.

• I think i will not choose any of them ! because i can't understand them as well so it's not good and we both will not have a good life :)

• It depends how bad each disability is.

What Girls Said 2

• I dated someone with mental issues and it nearly sent me off a cliff no thanks

• It depends on how bad either of the conditions are. I currently help take care of my brother in law, which has a mental disability. Growing up, he was so smart and outgoing, and when he was having a graduation party at his friends, they drugged his food without him knowing it. Due to this, it caused him to have a mental illness. It's extremely hard to deal with because his symptoms change 24/7 it seems. If I had to choose one, i'd personally go with physical, but that would be hard as well depending upon how bad the handicap is.