If you had to date someone with a disability, would you rather date someone with a mental, or physical handicap?

It's all in the title :) Tell me why you would prefer one to the other.

• Mental
    18% (2)0% (0)10% (2)Vote
  • Physical
    82% (9)56% (5)70% (14)Vote
  • I'll become a monk/nun
    0% (0)11% (1)5% (1)Vote
  • Don't care show me results!
    0% (0)33% (3)15% (3)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
*Mental handicaps can also include psychiatric conditions like Schizophrenia and DID.

0|0
3|4

Most Helpful Girl

• I have several mental disabilities and would rather date someone like me. I can connect better with someone like me.

1|0
    0|0
    • It is nice. I'm "recovered", and by that I mean that I've had enough self study that I can recognize my own triggers and warning signs and get myself away from the situation before I have any problems. But it is a huge comfort being with someone who really does understand. Somehow, I managed to end up with a guy with the same condition in the same stages of recovery, and that is why we're working so well together.

What Guys Said 4

• Mental handicaps are extremely problematic. You are either incapable of functioning like a regular intelligent human being, or you are just unstable and could murder me in my sleep. Neither is cool, so voted physical.

0|0
    0|0
    • Nah, I'll just break your kneecaps so we can be handicapped together! JK I agree, and had assumed this would majorly be the response received.

• For me, mental handicaps are much harder to overcome than physical ones.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think i will not choose any of them ! because i can't understand them as well so it's not good and we both will not have a good life :)

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends how bad each disability is.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I dated someone with mental issues and it nearly sent me off a cliff no thanks

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how bad either of the conditions are. I currently help take care of my brother in law, which has a mental disability. Growing up, he was so smart and outgoing, and when he was having a graduation party at his friends, they drugged his food without him knowing it. Due to this, it caused him to have a mental illness. It's extremely hard to deal with because his symptoms change 24/7 it seems. If I had to choose one, i'd personally go with physical, but that would be hard as well depending upon how bad the handicap is.

0|1
    0|0