How important is physical appearance in a mate?

In case some don't know, prerequisite means the person has to have it or he or she won't even be considered.

All comments welcome. Don't forget to vote.

• It's a prerequisite
  • It's an important factor
  • It's a factor, but not terribly important
  • It's unimportant
In answer to my own question, I would vote it's an important factor. It is however, a prerequisite that *I* find her physically attractive. The rest of the world's opinion about her can go to hell.

Most Helpful Guy

• Another one that's a prerequisite. Haha!

I don't need (or even WANT, to be honest--it's not really my taste) for her too look like a mainstream/societal 9/10 or 10/10. I just need to be really, really attracted to her and to think that she's beautiful.

Anyone who reads my stuff on here knows that I'm a big believer in subjective attraction. So yeah, she needs to be really fucking hot... to me.

What Girls Said 6

• It's extremely important that he is somewhat attractive in any capacity, way or form but it isn't important at all how attractive or unattractive he is above my minimum attractive threshold.

• Got it. Thanks, and don't forget to vote if you haven't.

• Its important that you care about what you look like and you take a bit of time (not saying spend 3 hours in front of the mirror) to make sure you look alright
    Looks is what gets your attention but personality is what keeps you (that's what I think)

• It is a factor but not terribly important
    as long as i am attracted to him (he may not be good looking to others), and he has a good characters thats good enough

• I won't date someone I dont find attractive in every way.

• very important but I am not very picky!

• Thanks for sounding off. Don't forget to vote if you haven't.

• Attraction gets your initial attention and personality keeps it. I've met guys who are decent looking but their personality is amazing so they become much more attractive to me. But I could never be with someone I didn't have attraction to. Its important. I have to want to kiss you lol

What Guys Said 3

• Appearance is about 90% of what I look for. A girl with an 8 appearance and 1 personality would be a 7.3 overall, and so would a girl with a 7 appearance and 10 personality.

• You should express that as a formula. ;-D

Thanks for sounding off. Don't forget to vote if you haven't.

• p=Personality
      a=Appearance

.9(a) + .1(p) = Total Rating

• Awesome sauce. Now solve for p! ;-D

• Personality always trumps looks but let's be real. Everyone has their limits.

• thanks. Don't forget to vote if you haven't already.

• More than Americans but less than Aussies and Brits. Depends on where you grew up and who runs the schools

• Interesting.

• It's important, just as having a good personality is important. For example, i'm not attracted to black women at all. I just can't see myself with one under any circumstance. I'm a white guy so i find myself more attracted to white women, though i dont mind Asian and latina women because they have physical features which appeal to me.

• Got it. Thanks for the input. Don't forget to vote if you haven't.