Bathing suits for big breasts?

Mine are huge, and I get really embarrassed at the beach. I'm usually fine with them because I can cover up with clothes. But at the beach, I feel like I look slutty in a bikini- as in waaay too much cleavage. Any other girls with this problem? How do you deal?

Thanks so much for all the great advice, everyone! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• of course more guys would comment on this ;D lol

heres part of an article on bathing suits for body shape:

Big Busts

* Darker colors and large prints or a color block with the darker color on top are best. Avoid horizontal stripes and go for vertical or diagonal, which do not widen the body.

* Go for a style which has a deep V-neck or plunge neck, which will elongate your figure and lessen the fullness of the bust, but still allow you to show off your cleavage. Wide strapped or double halternecks provide good support and flatter narrow shoulders.

* Avoid spaghetti straps and bandeau style swimsuits without neckties as these only accentuate the top-heaviness. Underwired cups also give the necessary support and lift. If you prefer more coverage, a sport-racer back design will minimize the bust.

--from suite101.com

What Guys Said 15

• First of all, I'm saddened to know your breasts are huge, but, as burdens go, I suppose one could imagine a more unmanageable load. As to your beachwear concerns, this seems to be the one place where ones physical advantages and disadvantages are brought to bear (no vulgar pun intended, of course). Here you must learn to ignore the oggling and insipid comments of loutish males, and jealous females, or opt for the privacy of more private surroundings. Unfortunately, short of sporting pre-1920's swimwear, I can think of no other option. All the best. ; - )

• Lol well 1920s styles are cute maybe I can find them haha

• all I can say is that it shouldnt make you feel "slutty". all women have breasts of all shapes and sizes. be proud of yourself. the only thing that defines slutty is how a female tends to act, ya know. you shouldnt be embarrased about going to the beach because of that. guys check out women regaurdless, so you shouldnt let it bother you. I don't have any advice on bathing suits though, the other girls would have much better advice than any guy. I just thought I would share my 2 cents. love who you are, and good luck :)

• First of all, if you are the girl in the profile your breasts are not the only reason you are getting stares. However, you are probably a little self conscious because you are walking around in what amounts to your underwear. You are just focusing on your boobs because you know they are that obvious. I would venture to say that unless you are wearing a micro thong or a sling or pasties or something of that order, guys will not think you appear slutty; sexy, smoking, attractive, probably. Women, on the other hand...(they tend to be harder on other women then men are on women)

• Sorry, this isn't an answer. I just need to ask you who that profile picture is of, because she is simply gorgeous.

• Aw, thanks so much! :) that's me- I love the kitten in your icon its so cute!

• You have what a lot of girls want...BIG boobs. Not long ago I saw a girl in a grocery store wearing a low cut top showing ENORMOUS cleavage. Apparently that wasn't enough for her because she had a tattoo planted between her boobs that gives guys a second reason to look down her top. Obviously she doesn't think exposing her boobs was a bad thing and was welcoming all men's eyes to take a peak at them. You can't be ashamed of what you have and how you look in a bikini top.

• Try a one-piece suit with a higher neckline, and lots of support for the upper balcony (so to speak).

• I believe that you should just choose something that feels comfortable, if it looks slutty to you, change it. if other people think its slutty, screw them lol. it doesn't matter what they think, you would look beautiful and they won't ever get to know you (which is a shame) because all they see is a slut when ur the Quiet and Thoughtful girl who just wants to have fun at the beach! :D

but then again I'm a dude so I'm just saying what Should count. And if you got ginormous cleavage, that is who you are lol and if you don't like em, you can always get some surgery on em :(

• If you're near a designated swimming area I wouldn't consider it slutty. You're stuck with what you got unless you want to pay an arm and a leg for a breast reduction. Just make sure you have a top that they won't fall out of. There is also nothing wrong with a good one-piece. They can be just as attractive as a bikini.

• May I suggest patronizing some topless beaches. There you may be able to become more comfortable with your body and get over being embarrassed for silly reasons beyond your control. You have the body you have, learn to accept it.

• your always going to be stared at bcause for some people its somthing they don't see everyday.

Young adults will create their own fantasies but again nothing todo with you because its their creations so don't take it personaly.

Your attitude how you carry your self with self image will cause more attention or less. I thinkyou need to use a swim suit that will support and give a good look with our you feeling self conscions.See the world for the good of it and allow your self to have fun and be happy in all things you do. big breast is not who you are. your a women who wants to be happy and see life as it should be. Men and women will always think what they want but it should no allow you to take a wrong turn.

• You shouldn't feel that way about yourself. Nature delt you what you have, if anybody has a problem with that; that is *their* problem, not yours.

You are not forcing anybody to stare or analyze you, nor is it anybody's business to. Wear whatever you want.

• If you have a boyfriend, then his opinion is the only one that matters.

• Big breasts? Man anything is hot if you have those...

• I see. So what you're saying is there IS a god?

• You can't help showing some cleavage in a bikini - it's how they're designed. You could always go topless instead! Seriously though my wife has big breasts which she doesn't really like to show off and she normally goes for tankinis. Bravissimo do some nice ones.

What Girls Said 16

• Hey...i have large breasts too (38DD+) and make sure I have either a tank style top (tankini) with built in support or one piece with support and a low v-neck.

Both still sexy, but better to support.

You can also get a retro "halter" style top, which minimizes while being sexy too.

If you want to cover more, there are short skirt styles, etc. for a bit more coverage and larger sizes.

Not sure of where you are, but online shopping to "find" options at familiar store names can narrow down your trip.

: )

• you can try Ujena swimwear, some of their pieces are really skanky, but a lot of them do over a lot of coverage and are very supportive. they can be pricey (like $70). I bought the "Si Senorita" bikini and I haven't felt too over-exposed and there have not been any wardrobe malfunctions.

i'm a 34DD so I know what you mean haha.

• Check out www.swimco.com. They have tons of different style for different body types. I'm in the same boat, and personally hate swim suits. I've been looking for a suit that looks good on me, which is tough, until I discovered Swimco. They are a bit expensive, but you can buy each piece separately, and mix and match to what you want.

Hope this helps!

• I feel you! I always feel like people must think I'm really trashy and trying to be slutty, when in reality it's just how the shirt fits me and there's nothing I can do about it. The problem with bathing suits is that you're either letting hang out more than you'd like, or you're beginning to look matronly. It's hard, but try to find bikini tops with underwire, because a lack of support can be awful.

Sometimes when you try to go up a size in an attempt to get more fabric to cover up with, you end up with an ill-fitting top. Try going to specialty bra stores, the kinds that do proper fittings and have sizes that go past DD. They often have bathing suits. Good luck!

• You Could Try Lane Bryant Swimwear.

I Got My Bathing Suit There And It Was Only 40 Dollars And It Has An Underewire.

I Absolutely Love It.

Great Support And Coverage.

=]]

• I know exactly how you feel and I have the same exact problem. I don't know about victoria secret because if your breast really are really huge then victoria's secret may not work for you. But they do have some really cute double d swim tops. One brand that always has cute and funky swimsuits is Becca. My current swim suit is this brand and it is a bikini but it covers up and it's still low cut kind of like the best answer says. I'm always getting compliments on it. I know they have it at victoria's secret and belk. I hope that helps. Good Luck!

• Bravissima do a range of swimwear with control panels for your boobs...they cater for girls D-KK cup.

• You should probably buy a bikini that is fitted for girls with bigger boobs. If the bikini fits well then your breast will look smaller. link make specialty bras for larger cuped women. I buy this brand myself, but it's a little pricey so if you can afford their bikinis you should deffinately consider it! can go to any boutique and usually find this brand there.

I hope that helped! :)

*freya is one brand, there are many others, but I like this brand the best because it's designed for younger women*

• I wouldn't worry about it too much, cleavage (used sparingly) can be a good thing. If it really bothers you, I would go for a bikini top like this : link .

It doesn't cover much more, technically, but it doesn't SHOW the actual cleavage, (the valley inbetween the breasts etc) so it will hold you in more and you will feel you look less 'slutty' because it's covering what counts (: Hope I helped !

• look in a summer Seventeen or Cosmo, they usually have current, fashionable advice for different body types in swim suits.

• i usually wear a tank or something :(

umm... good thick strapped halter tops work best tho

• Victoria's Secret offers full-coverage, underwire tops that are pretty affordable and not completely boring-looking. I got a halter top from there for something like $13 off season.

• get a swimsuit with an underwire, thick halter top or tankini. Check out the ones at World Swimwear

www.worldswimwear.com

• I feel like that at times and my boobs are not that big...I am always one to cover up so at the beach I feel so naked...I really don't like my boobs showing...

• NOT bikinis...

What about one of those cool cutout one piece swimsuits?

• Is okay. Feel bad are not going to help you. Make your self feel good. Forget about having big breasts. Feel happy about your self.