When do I know I should give up on a girl?

I have tried to ask the same girl out twice already. On the first try, she claimed that she was busy. On the second try, I asked her a more general question by first asking if "I could grab dinner with her some time next week". Her response was that she had a rather busy week ahead. In reply, I ask her if I could meet her on Wednesday and if not, perhaps she could suggest another date. Her reply was that she was completely packed that week and the following weeks were dependent on the schedule.

To me, that is a big sign that she isn't interested in me, or she would have suggested another date right? What should I do?

I honestly really like her, but am not willing to pursue something that is never going to happen.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like she isn't interested. No matter how busy someone is, they should at least find a little time to do something with you if they're truly interested. For instance, grabbing a coffee could literally take no more than 20 minutes. Yes, it's a very short date, but at least it's something. So yeah, to me it sounds like she doesn't like you back.

• Hello Lumos,

What exactly goes through a women's mind? If she doesn't go out with me, for example, won't that mean she will never get to know me?

Wyeth

• You don't have to actually go out with a person in order to get to know them. There are other ways to get to know each other, so no, it doesn't mean that she'll "never" get to know you just because she won't go on a date with you.
      Anyway, it seems like she has made up her mind and simply doesn't want to date you. You're better off moving on.

• Bloody ^*#^#*(#&^#(.
      LOL.. Just kidding..

Thanks for your response.

What Girls Said 4

• Sounds like she's not interested, but is trying to pretend like she has no time. If she found you attractive/liked you, she would definitely find the time for a date.

Don't chase her around, just move on, otherwise she might end up using you, since she knows you're into her and are at her mercy.

You've given her the opportunity to reschedule for when it's convenient for her and she completely shot you down. No point in wasting your time on her.

• Not interested at this point in time. If you are determined to still try and date her then you need a new approach. Try befriending her a little first. Are you in the same social circle? if you are then it will be easy, but play it cool and just talk to her occasionally but make it quality, meaningful conversation when you do. If not, do you have her facebook? If so, then try SOMETIMES liking a photo or post and SOMETIMES commenting. I stress sometimes, coz if you do it too much, then she will get freaked out and think you are a stalker. Once she becomes more familiar with you and comfortable in your presence (cyber presence) she may be open to grabbing a coffee or something together. But the timeline for this would be at least 6 months i reckon.

• Yeah clear sign here Man she doesn't like you like that. Just move on from that Bitch ASAP

• she's just making up excuses tbh i dont think you should try

What Guys Said 2

• Leave it be man, be all like "Hey, sorry your schedules really packed, just let me know when you're free!" and go on with your life. She really seems disinterested in my opinion. I wouldn't stick around waiting for her if I were you.

• She's not interested.

And getting to know you better wouldn't change that.