Girls or Guys: Is it ok to kiss on the first date?

Do you think it's ok to kiss on a first date? I've heard different answers from different people so share your opinion! :)

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
I'm such a dork, but I found a link about whether kissing on the first date is ok or not.

www.lovepanky.com/.../kissing-on-the-first-date-is-that-a-yes-or-a-no

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• Depends on age and what you think of as a "date".
    when I was a kid I expected a kiss, at least one small one.
    now that I am old and starting to date again... you "meet for drinks" which i technically a first date. that has only resulted in an handshake or hug except for 1 time. that 1 time we skipped the date and I went to he house and we had sex. it was the best first date ever.

• I would never ever have sex on a first date. That's a no-no.

• Oh ok. Well, I guess if I liked the guy I'd kiss him but I just wouldn't feel comfortable having sex, because I wouldn't want him to get the wrong idea about me and I want guys to respect me.

• Like I say. Every person is different. Because your young you have different views. Just because you have sex with a guy quickly doesn't mean he will not respect you. I had a lot of respect for the woman I had that encounter with. we just seemed to bond in a way that is hard to explain. I "chat" with a lot of people online with online dating... we just clicked. it was weird. we both felt it. we had some very intense discussions about a lot of thing including sex. we are both older. I mean I was with my ex wife longer then you have been alive. we have different life experiences..
      so the stigma is not there for her or me...
      but you always need to do what feels right to you. You will see that your opinions on a lot of things will change as you get older..

• Umm if you don't kiss me on the first date, there ain't gonna be a second one...

• Depends on whether you're extremely comfortable with him, plus whether he's confident and charming leading you to do so.

• Got peck on the cheek on the first date. Then we made out on the second day.

• Only if you want too their is nothing wrong with it

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah... I most definitely ended up in multiple intense makeout sessions with my boyfriend on our first date.

That being said, we also had known each other for years before said first date and had what one would call a flirtationship for years but weren't allowed to actually see each other due to parental restrictions.

If it's the legitimate first date I don't think I'd do more than a kiss on the cheek.

• If you had fun and he had fun why not end a fun night with a goodnight kiss? That way you know if you had chemistry or not. So far the date without the kiss is like having a new friend. The kiss makes the difference.

• Yeah I think it's fine as long as the date went well.

• I think a kiss after a good first date is nice. I'm not saying a makeout session. I'm saying a simple sweet kiss! When I have a good first date and a guy gives me a sweet kiss on the lips and cheek and a warm hug it makes me feel good.

• If you both have known each other forever and just now started i would say it's ok but if it's a new person then no..