Should I send the 'after the first date' text?

I had a blind lunch date with a guy who I met through a mutual friend. Should I text him & say, "Thank you again for lunch, I had a great time!" or something similar? If so, when should I send it? Our date ended about 2 hours ago.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't text him the same day, that would sound desperate. Rather act like you have other things that you have to do. Tomorrow you can (actually that's the 'right time' for you) let him know that "yesterday" you had a good time. If he knows you liked it than he knows you are interested.
    But if its about who starts the 'after the date' text, than he should be doing it. I'm not saying you can't but in my opinion it's better if he does it.

What Guys Said 5

• It's really a great courtesy to send a text like that if you truly did enjoy the date. There's no set time for when to send it though. Next day, or day after it doesn't really matter.

• Sure. Send it now. Nothing to lose.

• Send it by tonight.

• its so simple. hey whatsup. and then continue chat.

• No more than a week. You can send it to him before then (assuming you like him of course).. I mean, we usually think if a girl doesn't get back to us within a week, she's not interested... I would say wait until at least tomorrow night. But if you really can't help yourself and want to do it now, go ahead... I'm just saying we like when she's not overly attentive but obviously not ignoring us

• That's my thing. I don't want to seem overly-eager & desperate, but I do want him to know that I'm interested.

• Yeah, like I said, if you absolutely can not wait to send it to him, do it. Don't kill yourself over something that small... ya know? BUT if it's not that painful to not send it right away, wait until tomorrow night. It's all about how you feel

• Besides, he'll be looking forward to it, no matter what... so it won't matter when you send it, I'm just saying, if you want to play it cool, do it tomorrow night

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, I absolutely think you should send it. Follow ups are essential because it conveys an interest towards that person knowing that you enjoyed spending that certain amount of time with that person. 2 hours is good but don't wait too long because that gives a window for him to think that you might not be interested.