When interested in a potential bf/gf, does race matter?

I'm full blooded Native American. Tan skin, dark brown hair & eyes. I feel like the reason guys aren't that interested in me is simply do to the fact that I am not white. Does race bother you? Be honest x

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't bother me. Guys aren't looking at you because they just don't like you, not because of your skin color.
    I'm sure there's some guys that have looked at you and you haven't notice them.
    Some people are very close minded and want to date a specific race, others really don't give a Popsicle.
    Just be patient, some guy will approach you eventually.

What Guys Said 17

• I'm Norwegian Canadian, as white as it gets, and I've been together with a Native American woman. Race does not matter. It doesn't for me, but does for others. And especially at young ages, guys and girls are fearful of what their parents may think or do about who they have interest in.

This isn't your problem though, that's just life. Don't think of your race as anything other than beautifully unique.

• From your profile photo you look attractive so I think the issue lies within you and not with the guys around you. Now, that's not to say that your particular place doesn't have a preference for White women, but I highly doubt it... guys are guys. I think you simply be oblivious to when a guy is/isn't hitting on you and also you could simply not be putting yourself in a enough situations where a guy would hit on you. Lastly - if there is something you want, go for it. If you see a guy you like, don't wait for him to come to you, go to him, and let him know you're interested.

• Race totally matters to me. I admit it. I absolutely insist that any woman I date be of the human race. It's true! I won't date a starfish. I won't even talk to a musk ox. If some hot giraffe comes up to me and says, "Hey baby!" I'll be like, "Pfft! Whatever!"

Seriously though, to me it doesn't matter a damn. My wife was not my ethnicity. I am kind of lucky in that I find dark hair and dark eyes very attractive... and that describes about 80% of the human race... including you, beautifullyunaware.

My sister, by the way, is half Cheyenne. What about you?

• Attitude and intellect. Yes I do have a preference to my ideal girl but when looking at everything if I'm attracted to a girl and she can make me laugh, hold up an intelligent conversation, and isn't too strongly opinionated I'll most likely ask her out (provided I'm single at the time).

• I personally don't care about the persons race. There are lots of other factors that are important though. I actually really tend to be attracted to the ethnic or exotic look for some reason.

• For me, it doesn't.

However for those who do... don't judge them right away. Who wants to be shunned and possibly disowned from their family because of dating someone of XYZ ethnic group, when there's plenty of fish in the sea?

• Doesn't bother me at all, what bothers me is whether or not they can keep up in thought. =)

• No, not really. It doesn't really make much difference to me. I would think being Native American would get you more attention. It's kinda exotic.

• Thank you. Unfortunately most people at my school honestly think Native Americans are extinct. When people see me, they assume Hispanic or Indian. It's a complete shock when I tell them I'm Native American.

• Exotic: originating in or characteristic of a distant foreign country.

She's the opposite of exotic. We're the visitors. #neverforget

• Yes. For most of the people it matters... They feel it shameful to take a different racisist partner infront of his friends. and , this applies to both males and females.

• I tend to go for white girls usually but I have dated other races and it ultimately comes down to your connection and the chemistry you have with another person.

• To an extent it does. I would go with almost any race but not Asians or arabs.

• Is this do to physical features from those races or just knowing that they're Asian or Arab?

• It's more to do with knowing what their cultures are like and they don't fit with my own ways of thinking.

• You look pretty , want to go out?;)

• Race doesn't bother me.

• For most, yes.

They'll say "no", then primarily be attracted to White.

• It doesn't matter to me.
    But i would like to have babies with you. Lol
    Native American girls are so beautiful. Whites killed your ancestors so bad.
    I am not American.

• I'd feel too guilty about dating a native American since my ancestors killed your ancestors.

• Lol you have no clue how much I hear that. It's literally like the first thing someone says to me once they find out I'm Native American. "Oh, you're Native American? Well, let me just start off by apologizing for my ancestors killing your ancestors."

• It's a bit annoying really.

• I tend to look at white girls mostly, but Latina women are a close second. It's just rare for me to be attracted to girls that aren't white or Latina.

What Girls Said 8

• We just have to accept it. It's their right to choose. The more it bothers you, the more it eats u up. You still young, the future is still far, wide n unpredictable, more younger people of your age, are opening up and discovering they are changing all the time. What you think now isn't fixed but only a tip of the iceberg. There are millions of people out there to connect with, not just white. But there are also racially diverse people that are more confident, stronger and unaffected by the prev. Generation 's way of thinking. You're still a teen. Enjoy your childhood and don't get too caught up with serious relationships.

• and how did you concluded that It is for the fact that you are not white. they have their preferences and you have yours. you may prefer them but they do not have to necessarily prefer you. and this is their natural right and choice. you are accusing the white people who are not attracted to you, to ignore you because of your race, while they are just not attracted to 'you' as an individual, and even if they are not attracted to your whole race it is only a natural preference and you do not have any right to disrespect their preferences and accuse them to anything.

do not mix the subject of dating/relationship/marriage with racial issues. there is no connection between them.

• I've been turned down because of my race before. It's been stated right to my face. I asked this question because I wanted to know if it was really that big of a deal.

• I literally had a guy tell me straight to my face, "I like you, but I can't date you because I'm not comfortable being with someone of your race." I just wanted to make sure that not everyone thinks that interracial relationships are wrong. I completely understand that if a guy isn't attracted to me, nothing is going to happen. It hurts and upsets me whenever my race is a problem for them. There is nothing I can do about the fact that I am Native American. I used to be so proud of my heritage, but lately.. I've been doing some serious rethinking.

• "I like you, but I can't date you because I'm not comfortable being with someone of your race". I am sorry but first if a man really likes a women in these days there is nothing keeping him and second you have to respect other's cultures and family rules too. not everyone will break the traditional ways of his family for just a simple interracial dating, and you should not expect them to do so. there is free choice, keeping a tradition is a free choice too. you only can care about yours, a man has the freedom to respect his family and follows their way and that is not being close minded or anything near to that but choosing a way of life freely. The issue with the man was this. not that he does not like your race, but will not prefer you as he has other reasons and standards than just love for dating. And that is his right and again nothing is wrong with it.

And There is no need for you to doubt your race because your race is not defined as a priority for dating in other cultures.

• Race matters to me.

• Can you explain why? This is something I'm very interested in.

• "You guys should like... commit to repopping."

Seriously, though.

• That's what I recommend. But it's probably easier said than done because despite accounting for only 1.2% of America, the natives have the highest percent of poverty than all the races.
      I wonder if it's possible for them to start a self sufficient economy. Like they only buy and sell stuff to other natives. I have a lot of ideas but I know they aren't tryin to take instructions from a little black girl who knows nothing about NA everyday life LOL!!!

• Race or looks don't matter at all... is more related to attitude and the shared interests between the couple; there are guys who are with a girl who is complete his opposite in looks but just because they share something they have a link.

• No, I've either liked or dated guys of pretty much every ethnicity.

• Nope it doesn't bother me.

• It's a factor for me yea

• Has anyone told you you look Asian like Cambodian or Filipino?