How can feelings change so fast?

At first when I told this guy I liked him he was flattered. He said that no girl actually told him up front that they liked him. Also, this was the first time I told a guy how I felt. During the conversation he said he wasn't sure of how he felt, but we could see where it goes. We ended up dating but then things changed because of an awkward moment. Later on he said that its best if we remained friends because his feelings changed. Was it that he wasn't really interested at all?

Most Helpful Guy

• If his feelings changed in that context, then he was interested, so it could be your behaviour or words you say or your belief that got him thinking.

• Should I try talking to him in the future as friends to see what happens? I also admit I wasn't the best at communication when things changed.

• Try once, but don't try too much. If he doesn't want you let him be. I suppose it's a waste of breath.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think he was actually uninterested, rather that he did what he initially said, see where it goes.

• No, I don't think he was. I think he went along with it because that doesn't usually happen to guys, but then saw it wasn't going to happen and thought it was best to call it quits.

• Interesting. I was confused because at one point he said he liked me a lot.

• Well that is confusing, but you never know why he said that or what he meant by like. I think you can look at it positively. If he was a jerk, he might have tried to take advantage. So he was a good guy.

• He was on the fence about dating you and that awkward moment helped him make his mind up.

• Hmm. How do you meet someone that's interested and not on the fence? I keep meeting guys that are on the fence.

• It's all boils down to the right person, in the right place and at the right time or that's what I believe.

What Girls Said 1

• Either he is fickle minded or his interest isn't strong enough