How to earn my girlfriends trust back even when I do tell the truth?

I've lied toy girlfriend once in my life and now she thinks I lie about everything now. How can I earn her trust back?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can lose trust fast, but it will take a long time to earn it back. You can't force it, just be honest and open to her. Show her you're true and have nothing to hide, no reason to lie.

What Girls Said 4

• I'm in the same boat as you brother!
    I lied about being with this guy and my bf found out, so now he feels like i lie everytime i tell him something.
    Here's what I do:
    1. I tell him the truth, always, no fail, and even add extra details eg. when im going out with friends i tell my boyfriend "I'm going out with Lisa and Lila to FoodCafe for supper, we'll be back by 8pm." instead of just "I'm going out with my friends, see ya later."
    2. Whenever we're not together, I text him, and talk. usually its laid back teasing each other. I also let him know where I am and what I'm doing.
    3. this may seem obvious but dont give her more reasons to confirm that you're always lying. eg being caught out telling a lie AGAIN.
    4. dont hide anything. if she wants to see your phone, let her. when she wants to come over, let her. give her a key to your apartment (if this is a reasonable measure).
    5. when she accuses you of lying, diffuse the situation by replying that you aren't lying, not by shouting and accusing her of having trust issues.

• Depends on what you lied about.

• give her time... eventually she will learn to trust you again.

• Kiss her ass and promise to not lie again

What Guys Said 0