I'm 15 he's 18... is that weird?

so I've been talking to this guy for over a year and we both have feelings for eachother but he continuously gets shit for talking to me and gets called weird and a rapist and stuff by his friends because I was a freshman and he was a senior. is it even worth it to keep talking to him but only if he gets over what everyone says? is it as weird as everyone says it is?

Most Helpful Girl

• It is a little weird, but I was in a similar situation. I was a sophomore in highschool and he was a freshman in college, most people thought it was fine because I look older than my age and he looks a tad younger. If y'all really like each other than ignore what people say, as long as your parents approve!!! I have been with that same guy for almost 3 years now so it has worked out well for me but the age gap does play a big tole on a relationship. y'all are in different stages of life, you have no idea how much things change from 15 to 18 so prepare for that.

So basically if you do not see this as a long term thing, I would save the struggle and date someone your own age.

What Guys Said 3

• Well, your a year under the age of consent , if you just date that will be fine
    but any sexual things would be illegal , since he is age 18

• its only 3 years thats barely anything but if he was like 10 years older then you then yes that would be an issue

• It's not weird.

What Girls Said 4

• No it's not weird.

So you have a 3yr difference it's not a big deal.

Sure the law states that you're an adult when you're 18 but the word teen is still apart of it until you're 20.

He is not that much older than you and as long as you leave sex out of it everything is okay.

• It's not weird, not at all. When I was 14 I dated a guy who was almost 19. When I was 15 I dated guys who were 17-22. But that's just me liking a mature guy and not giving a shit about age.

• I have a friend with the same problem and he hasn't asked her out but they have sex he uses her

• Well its okay in my opinion but keep sex out of your relationship before you turn 16.