Does he count as my ex boyfriend?

This guy from my school started messaging me on Facebook is 2012 saying that I'm very pretty and I responded back and we chatted a lot and flirted. He asked me out plenty of times and we went to the mall a few times together. We didn't kiss or anything. Instead of in a relationship on Facebook our relationship status would say married to each other. He really liked me a lot and we went to prom together in 2013 and he finally gave up on me last year and found someone new and after him and his new girlfriend broke up, I am pretty sure he has feeling for me again and I like him back. Does he count as my ex?

Most Helpful Girl

• 2 people liking each other and set Facebook to married isn't enough. You have to ask each other out, being their boyfriend/girlfriend, then break up, then he'll be your ex.

What Guys Said 1

• No he doesn't, you have to really bond to such a point that your relationship with him has a sort of priority and an exclusivity that makes him yours and you his.

What Girls Said 1

• it depends how long you guys were together. I think you have to be "together" for at least a month for it to count as your ex.