Could these be warning signs he may become abusive?

The man I've dated for a month and a half says some things that worry me. I wonder if they indicate the potential for him to become physically abusive. A few examples: his worked schedule changed so he couldn't see me, so he threatened to "tear the room apart" (he didn't, but that struck me as a severe reaction) and he said he can "hold his own" in a fight
(don't know if he's been in one) and he likes to hold me down and be a bit rough during sex sometime (so far it's mild but I wonder what is next). He himself was abused in his last relationship. I also think drinks too much-has shakes in the morning and I suspect he sometimes drinks before he sees me. Otherwise, he is a kind, attentive guy with a successful career. Should I run?

Most Helpful Girl

• That doesn't seem like an abuser. Some people are more aggressive than others but that doesn't really mean abusive. But if those are dealbreakers FOR YOU, then leave by all means.

What Guys Said 2

• The drinking and having shakes I think are signs you should run. The rough sex is 50/50.

• it sounds like somethings wrong with him honest truth so i suggest you stay away

What Girls Said 6

• I have had experiences with the same type of behavior.. it sounds like he has control issues.. if this is just the beginning.. I could get worse.. like during a argument if u don't let him win it could get bad.. n if u slap him he could go off. The thing about ticking time bombs is you never know when they will explode. Trust your gut

• I doubt you have anything to worry about lol

• If you feel as if you shoud run, then do it.

• Thank for answering. I don't know if I can trust my instincts, because I'm afraid I may be overacting. Just wanted to see if these things are commonly observed in men who are abusive, or if they are nothing to be concerned about. Thanks again for answering! :)

• You need to sit down and talk to this man

• They say a woman instinct is almost always right so go with your gut feeling

• I would definitely consider leaving.