Would you be freaked out if the person you were dating had stuffed animals on their bed?

I was dating a guy a few months ago and he invited me to his house on the third date to make me dinner. As he was cooking, I saw his bedroom door open so I peeked in. His bed was covered with 10 or 12 stuffed animals! I freaked out, plus the guy was 45 and a doctor! I asked him why he had stuffed animals and he said they all had special meaning for him. I made up an excuse to leave after dinner, I was so turned off. I'm sorry, but that was weird and creepy. Thoughts?

Ok update / I did not break up with this guy because of his stuffed animals so I was not being shallow. The mere fact that he had stuffed animals was strange enough to throw out as a question. Overall he was nuts, period.

Most Helpful Guy

• The day I found stuffed animals on my dates bed would be the day I lose interest in dating them. In my experiences, adults simply do not consider, not to mention include, stuffed animals as part of the décor of their homes. And the fact that this guy had his stuffed animals facing his window so they wouldn't get bored speaks volumes. Thus, I would not be surprised if he spoke to them and treated them as his pets or as his companions.

You did the right thing.

What Guys Said 17

• This is why I hide all my stuffed animals and Legos in the closet when I have a woman over.

• Maybe he is psychiatrist that's why he got them stuffed animals
    i tell you all them doctors have been in State Hospitals from what
    i heard from many people but 12 stuff animals seems like a bit
    but i can't judge the guy there is people who are adults husband
    and wife collect baby dolls so figure that one out

• Not at all, unles it was excessive like 100s of them. lol

lol this one time when I was being babysat, the babysitter had this babycrip full of stuffed animals in the same room, I mean FULL to the top. Well, she fell asleep on the couch one night, and I took every one of them out and carefully piled them on top of her. When she awoke, she realised she was inside a cacoon of stuffed animals! HAHA

• That is a little odd, I'll admit. But maybe his reasons are good. Just check for child molestation kits.

• It's not a big deal to be honest.

• Really? 10 to 12 stuffed animals in a grown mans room? It was weird.

• "He was highly OCD and had a rage disorder"

So why didn't you even mention this in the original question? seems odd to me

• Read more of my comments please and you will understand. He had big problems, this was just a symptom

• I would have made up an excuse and no even have stayed for dinner!!!,,

• I don't date children. So that would be a deal breaker. What kind of grown man owns stuffed animals...

• Well, I will admit its strange. However if it didn't really effect your relationship and won't later on I don't see what's wrong with it. also I mean unless when you said nuts. He was obsessed with the stuffed toys. then its up to u.

• On it's own, no, I wouldn't care at all. I actually think it's a little cute, and I think we should all work to maintain some childlike wonder in our lives.

Now, if she had other behavioral issues that were childish and immature (ex. crying every time she didn't get her way) then yeah, sure, that'd be something I'd be concerned by.

• I agree about staying "childlike" but this is a guy, not a girl here plus he treated them like people. Still think it's cute?

• He only proves your point

• Sure whatever.

• He's a creeper.

• yeah, I would say that was a little weird

• You didn't ask what the meaning was about?

• They were from different trips he had taken. The weird part is that he had them facing the window so they wouldn't get lonely or bored during the day.

• Report all you like, I don't care.

• You guys are funny.

• Really you freak you over stuffed animals. I say the poor guy dodged a bullet.

• No a lot more than that sir, read comments below. That was the tip of the iceberg. Plus I know you guys will sometimes dump a girl over the most shallow things so don't go there...

• I have no words anymore...

• You just typed five.

• Well I'm a straight guy so if the girl I was dating had them, it would just be cute.

• Right, a young girl, but what if she was 45? And my point is that it's a guy. If you walked into your best friends room and saw 11 stuffed animals on his bed, what would you think?

• Geez, read the rest of my comments! It's not just because of the animals!

• Still wouldn't care. And if my friends had that, I also wouldn't mind, I'd just find it interesting.

• Just as long as they don't mind watching us as we fuck each other

• He had them facing the window so they wouldn't get bored... not kidding

• Would you be freaked out if the person you were dating had stuffed animals on their bed?
    Stuffed them where?

• You and some of the other women here seem pretty horrible to me for making fun of this man. He may be a bit eccentric and nerdy, but he's a doctor. Most of you probably stick up for gays and sluts, and date assholes with no job who dream of making it big picking their crappy acoustic guitars...

• Has nothing to do with his job, the whole thing was a bit weird and was not a sexual turn on. Even if a woman had them on her bed or would think it was strange. If he knew a woman was coming over, I would think he would remove them from the bed. Bottom line - not my type nor do I think most women would disagree. Nerdy yes, but socially backwards obviously. He was a plastic surgeon btw, he wasn't saving any lives- lol

• This is why I can't do a lot of the things I want to do. Perfectly fine for a man to take it up the asshole from another dude, women will band together to lynch any man who dares insult a homosexual. But God forbid a man collects stuffed animals! That's socially backwards and just WRONG!

• I will not even respond to that...

What Girls Said 14

• Totally creepy, I agree. And it's not just that he had stuffed animals but that he treated them like people! This is more than just being nerdy or eccentric. The fact that he was highly OCD and had rage only confirms that he was mentally unstable. Ignore the immature comments you received - GAG needs to separate everyone by age group, I'm tired of having teenagers comment on my problems.

• Totally agree, they need to separate. Are there better sites than this where you can escape the teenagers - lol

• Well when you find the site let me know, please dear God!

• I'd make fun of him relentlessly, unless they were stuffed REAL animals like taxidermy shit. I would gtfo of dodge. Creepy.

• Thank you, yes, super creepy!

• I thought she meant she'd stay with him but make fun of him for having soft toys OR that she'd leave if he had taxidermy stuffed animals.

• Yes @dreamhope lol. sorry commie. :P

• Yeah, a guy that old having stuffed animals in his bed is creepy. If a girl has stuffed animals it's fine, you know if it's a comfort thing or if she can't sleep without needing something to cuddle with that I can relate too. I have plushies, some in my bed others are put away or sit on shelves. If they have so much meaning to this guy he can put them on shelf not in his bed.😔

• That's quite odd in my opinion.. Especially since he's 45 years old? If he we would be talking about someone who's much younger and maybe living at his parents house I would assume it was his mom covering his bed with those but this is a very different situation. Have to admit that it's a little creepy.

• Oh, and he also had Star Wars figurines in his living room. How this guy thinks he is ever going to get laid is beyond me..

• Sorry for my awful grammar! I am always typing fast. Having star wars takes it to a whole another level. It can either be a hobby for him to collect those or he has something going on. I'm not sure what it can be.

• That's perfect! That guys stuffed animals and mine could be best friends! :D

But really, of all the weird, quirky things out there that someone might have I don't think stuffed animals are a big deal. Initially I might find it odd, but if he explained their meaning and had some good stories to go with it then I'd probably not care.

• Nope, I wouldn't care. I'd make fun of him endlessly, but I'd find it endearing, especially if they had some sort of meaning behind them. There are far worse things to break up over.

• exactly my point.

• I should have updated the question, it's partly my fault

• Yes you should have updated but I can see your frustration...

• A 45 year old dude with stuffed animals on his bed that face the window so they won't get lonely? Forget about all the other problems he had, based solely on that I would be out. You are not being shallow in any way, that is a definite red flag. Good to know there are people that don't care about that but I would have to believe they're in the minority.

• That might make me fall in love with him. A grown man attached to stuffed animals is so cutee! I've got a few friends myself so... I hope it wouldn't be too much of a turn off. :p

• No. There's nothing wrong with that.

• To each his own but he was also a nutbar, that's why I actually broke up with him

• There are unstable people everywhere, in every job, in every corner of the world.

• Ok fair enough.

• Omg that really is freaky! ... NOT!

• No I wouldn't care

• I wouldn't freak out I be like the fuck and never date him again.

• I think it's a bit odd for a guy but if he told me why I might think it was sweet. And I can't say much, my bed in covered with stuffed animals lol

• You are young and a girl. Read the rest of my comments...

• Not you sweetie

• Well, maybe he's into banging teddy bears. Which is better than being into banging little kids.