Girls, exactly what should your boyfriend do when you give them the silent treatment?

Asking this because I have recently been given the silent treatment and I am not completely sure what I should be doing to make things better. Also any helpful info I should know i. e.; How long will it last? Why it usually happens? etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• could be either you said something to her or did something that really annoyed her, she wants to give you more space, or she wants you to initiate communication with her.

• You could try just asking her directly: "I feel like you've been giving me the silent treatment lately.. is everything ok? I ask because I'm concerned and I care about you." ? something like that.

• So she hasn't really allowed me to talk to her face to face... but I sent her a message saying something similar to what you suggested, however she didn't reply. Now I'm not sure if I should just try to wait for her to do something, or if I should keep on trying to get her to talk to me?

• Oh. Then I'm not sure... it's not a good sign though if she hasn't allowed you and her to talk face to face. As to why she's not replying, could be possibly she's just busy or she's ignoring you purposely because she doesn't feel like talking to you at the moment (yet)? I think wait a couple of days. If she doesn't reply after 4 or 5 days, that's definitely not a good sign. Try calling her once. But don't keep contacting her-it could freak her out.

What Girls Said 5

• You did something wrong, better try making up to her and talking about it.

• This is a normal reaction for girls. when a girl gives a guy the silent treatment she is looking for you to give her as much attention as you can bare. She is testing you to see what you will do. Best bet is to try getting her to talk to you and if it goes beyond a day, chocolate and flowers always works!!

• The silent treatment is immature and solves nothing.

• keep talking to her, when a woman gives silent treatment she secretly wants ur attention in disguise she wants to get a reaction out of u, so whatever u do dont ignore her completely she wants u to fight for her

• Personally, I think the silent treatment is stupid. She should tell you why she is upset with you. But in response to it you can either just wait it out and she will tell you eventually or you can brown nose till she decides to forgive you for whatever it was. It's up to you.

What Guys Said 1

• I really hate this behavior. give me a silent threatment and she can gtfo. I would wait till she stops being like that and just ask what will happen now when she keeps being so