I regret dumping my guy friend. What should I do about it?

Two years ago and last year, my guy friend asked me out several times and I said no every time and told him I wasn't ready to have a boyfriend. I didn't really want a boyfriend last year and the year before and now that I really want a boyfriend and relationship, I really regret dumping him and want to get back with him but he gave up on me. I really messed up my chances of having a boyfriend last year just because I wasn't ready back then but now that I'm older I'm ready to have a boyfriend. I am 18 years old.

Most Helpful Guy

• seriously, just sounds like you are looking to use him.

You now want a boyfriend and a relationship, what? You don't have anyone interested in you, so you are going to try getting with a guy you had no problem tell no to and turning down for 2 years.

Let me tell you how this story goes, if this guy is stupid enough to get with you. You go out with him for a while, than dump his ass after a few weeks or months when you feel comfortable dating and usually for someone you meet threw him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him you are ready for a relationship now and ask him if he is also ready.

What Guys Said 4

• A girl rejected me once, she was a friend of mine who shared many interests with me. We don't talk anymore, she's more of a friendly acquaintance now. However if she asked me out I would consider it since I used to really like her, she has not changed much and neither have I so there's no reason for me not to like her.

• It is easy to get a boyfriend. Keeping one and having a good one is the tricky part.

• If I was your guy friend I wouldn't get with you now. He sounds like he's moved on. You can't expect him to sit and wait for you forever.

• Don't think you actually want him. I think you just liked being liked

What Girls Said 0