How to friend-zone a guy without him beeing aware of it?

So i met this guy online and I really like him as a friend he's a very nice person. But im just not ready for it right now. I wanna friend-zone him but i don't wanna hurt him since he's going through a big loss. And i have no idea what to do.

0|0
5|5

Most Helpful Girl

• Just treat him like a friend. I. e. don't respond to his flirting, don't flirt back, don't say suggestive things to him, keep it strictly platonic. And if he asks you about relationships/dating, just tell him that you (in general) aren't ready for anything at the moment.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• You simply CAN'T friendzone anyone without them getting hurt. Its basic human tendency to feel emotionally hurt when a person is told that he/she is not good enough to be more than a friend by someone he/she likes.

0|0
    0|0
  • This sounds extremely manipulative...
    www.theonion.com/.../

That's why you say "I'm not interested in a relationship right now".

0|0
    0|0
  • TELL HIM THE TRUTH! FRIENDZONE IS TERRIBLE AND IN THE LONG RUN IT WILL BE BETTER FOR HIM TO NOT HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER! DONT BE SELFISH!

0|1
    0|0
  • Well just treat him like a guy from...

-Dont really complient him
    -Just tell him you aren't rdy for a relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Uh...

Unless you're interested in being in a relationship with him, then he's already been "friend-zoned".

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• He's already in the friendzone. If you're only interested in being his friend then he's already there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Continue being nice to him but whenever he tries to flirt, try to quickly change the subject. Tell him he's like your brother and eventually he'll get the point hopefully, some guys won't

0|0
    0|0
    • Or dont make him deal with that bs and tell him

• Usually I'm not one for stringing someone along, but if he's already going through things why make matters worse by rejecting him?

• If you want to pull a fast one over him, then you should show no romantic interest. Make sure the only signal you give him is friendship. Since, he went through a tough time let him know you're supporting him as a friend not as anything more.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just act like a friend. When he tries to flirt don't flirt back. Let him know you're a friend. (:

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Lmao, yeah, fuck you for wanting to be nice! :D Really...

• Ikr.. some people are just ugh