Do people really change for the better?

I re connected with an ex.. We dated off and on for the last 9 years. 1.5 year ago he left me for someone else. I was really hurt because he never gave me a title. He gave her all of the things I'd always wanted. I told myself I would never deal with him and his immaturity again. 7 months ago they broke up and he called me the next day to have drinks. We started dating 3 months later. Everything has been so perfect. He treats me better than ever. I finally got to meet his family and friends and they love me. He will not tell me why they broke up, and it scares me a bit. I don't think there has been enough time for him to grow or learn. His best friend told me that he treated his ex really bad, and she didn't deserve it. It makes me think I might be a rebound, but he says he just realized he made a mistake in letting me go. It feels so right. I feel like he may be the one and fate keeps bringing us together. Its usually me always being more into him than me now it seems he's really into me. Has he only come to me out of comfort. Is it too good to be true?

Most Helpful Guy

• Only if something extraordinary happened in their life, like they found Jesus or something.

What Guys Said 1

• Search this video on Youtube: "I can change South Park Movie"

What Girls Said 1

• Id proceed with much caution and keep that guard up. OF course its possible that he did realize his mistake and now he's trying to prove his worth.
    The only thing I would be worried about in your situation is- he left you for someone else- very possible he would do it again. Another thing- he called you the next day after the breakup? Major red flag there for me. That has rebound written all over it.
    Enjoy what you have with him but proceed with caution my friend. :)