Would you date a girl who has recovered from schizophrenia?

I had schizophrenia, but have recovered from it and have been fine for at least 4 years now and I'm taking meds to control it. Would you guys still want to date me regardless of what happened a while ago?

Most Helpful Guy

• i would consider it absolutely if we had a really great thing going.

kind of like alcoholism once you have it you are an alcoholic. the best you can do is manage and try to work away from it on a daily basis. it would be daunting and slightly scary but if I loved someone or saw real potential in our relationship I'd absolutely date them

What Guys Said 7

• Well it depends but you say you recovered from it, however you are still taking meds to control it? does this mean that you have it but its under control? I can't say if I would or wouldn't only because I wouldn't want to be in danger from delusions/hallucinations and her acting out on it, thats what would worry me.

• I'm taking meds to control it, so yes it's under control as much as can be. I don't have delusions/hallucinations anymore. Meds control that aspect, I have mood swings occasionally but that's about it.

• in which case if I loved you, and you understood completely that you were ill and didn't stop taking the meds, then yes I would :-)

• Aww thanks. :)

• Well, my ex-girlfriend, had Schizophrenia i think
    it all depends the girl herself, i would never want
    girl to go off her medications cause of me
    I praise you for recovering from Schizophrenia
    i hope you continue to go forward in life
    i believe you can live a productive life and
    have a successful but loving relationship

• yeah I would still give you the time of day :)

• I'm a paranoid schizophrenic myself, but it would really depend on what kind of schizophrenia. Like, if you're one of those schizoids like my mom who it takes 8 men to restrain, eh... Long as you don't have access to any sharp objects, we might could make it work...

• Schizophrenia is an incurable mental illness usually requires lifelong treatment, so absolutely not.

• Yeah if we connected.

• absolutely not. that's scary. sorry :-(

What Girls Said 0