Would it work out if your date or BF has very different taste in Music than you?

I don't like hiphop or rap.
Many Women now adays, love it. especially with the influence from MTV and such.

SO this is a question for the Women, would it matter if the guy you dated or was your BF had very different taste in music?

like he likes classical you like Hiphop.. Or he likes country you like hiphop.

And would it ever workout or it's not worth having a relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

• For me personally, it would definitely work out... I do like hip hop and SOME rap but I only like the stuff that actually makes sense... I mean where the artist is speaking truth on a world issue and actually have something to speak up about... I don't really care for the "Club is pooping drop that bootay for me!" crap haha. Besides that I listen to R&B mostly from the 90s and early 2000s. But I love classic Rock and country. I'm a dedicated Daughtry and Kip Moore Fan. But I also like Beethoven for when I'm relaxing or writing. I listen to Enya and Evanescence and I'm obsessed with the 80s. Sooo... as you can tell I'm very eclectic so a relationship with my date or BF in question would be fine.

Sorry haha :) it seems I had a lot to say... surprised myself/

What Girls Said 6

• It doesn't matter to me. I mainly listen to country & bluegrass, and I've gone out with guys who were strictly hip-hop or strictly metal. I'm pretty laid back though, because I honestly like all music & can listen to anything.

• Yes it would. You shouldn;t let music taste decide who you date. i've liked guys who listened to exactly the music I hated and it didn't matter. EVeryone has their taste in music :) My music taste varies a lot, so I think we would find something we both like.

• Honestly, yes, it would matter very much. I like a lot of different kinds of music, but if he was into sexist rap, screamo or anythign else I really don't like, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work.

• Yeah of course it would work out. My dad loves classic rock and hard rock, while my mom loves smooth jazz (for whatever reason) and musical numbers. They've been married happily for little over 20 years.

• It really wouldn't matter to me

• It doesn't really matter to me. Its fine if we had a different taste of music.

What Guys Said 3

• I'm in a metal band but my girlfriend hates screaming and dislikes heavier music. She only likes pop (HATES rap), country, and Japanese music. Despite that she's asked to hear my music and see my band play because she knows I'm passionate about it and she wants to support me.

It's not a deal breaker. Worst case scenario is that you both ask each other to turn down/off the music when riding in the same car. If you love each other you can work around it. More often than not, if you're together for a while and expose each other to it enough one of you is bound to grow neutral or even somewhat like the music.

• There's stuff we both like, like rap and R&B, but she somehow got into fucking country music recently, probably from that stupid Nashville show. Country music is banned from the house when I'm at home, so it works out fine, haha. I deal with limited amounts of Madonna and Ke$ha, and Katy Perry sounds like the best music ever by comparison, so I tolerate that. We make it work.

• In my case I've never had a girlfriend who would let me play the music I like. I always have to listen to her music. So I always play my music on my ipod in my car when she's not around. Sucks but nothing I can do.