Is friendship not good enough?

I went out on a group trip today and met a really nice guy. We hit off and he asked me out. I told him that I'm dating someone but would love to be friends. He got a bit upset about that. He said he wanted to get to know me and hang out but that would be hard since I'm in a relationship.

But isn't friendship ok? Is it not possible to be friends with someone when you want to date them?

Most Helpful Guy

• No friendship isn't good enough if a guy works up the courage to ask you out. You were honest in telling him you were taken. But, if you want to make enemies of most guys, or shall I say guys who have something on the ball and are confident, don't ever say "Let's be friends". When girls did that to me I told
    them I had enough friends and that it was their loss not mine for not going out with me. I then said have
    a nice life, turned my back and walked away. If they had hot friends, I used them to meet these girls. Otherwise, why would I want them around? I never, ever looked back or felt guilty. I'd say that about
    90% of the time, they wanted to date me later. I made damn sure it got sexual in a hurry. No way I'd let some chick friend zone me. If they tried, I ignored them. Forever. Women hate being ignored. Especially by someone they once rejected.

Most Helpful Girl

• He wants to date you, have sex with you and maybe start a relationship with you if the first two things go well enough.

He's not looking for a friend or to be friendzoned. I mean I think you've been around long enough to figure out that when a guy asks you out and asks for your number, he's looking to date you, and is not looking for friendship.

• Yeah that's true. But you could always use more friends right? Lol

• Surely you jest?

• Fuck that shit. A real man doesn't wait in line for anyone.

What Guys Said 5

• You don't want to date him. If he's supposed to accept that, you have to accept he doesn't want a friendship with you.

• It's called the Friend Zone. Why would he want to invest all this time getting to know you if you aren't interested in dating him? It would be a waste of his time. Respect his choice to move on.

• being friends with a girl you like is cool for like a few days then you get attached and it hurts after awhile until you completely cut them out

• No, it's never good enough. I have plenty of friends, I don't need anymore, ESPECIALLY when that "friend" is the result of being rejected...

• Why would he want to be your friend when u r with someone?

That's like when u r looking for a job n the company tells u they only have volunteer positions available. It's nice for them, but u got to think about what the other person needs n wants

• That makes sense. I guess if I was single and he was taken, even if I wasn't interested in him, friendship might be a bit awkward

• Ya take the compliment n move on, nothing for u to worry about. U found someone. Be happy

What Girls Said 1

• no, it's not fair to expect friends when they want more than friends.