Interested or nah I'm confused?

I can't tell if this guy is interested or not.
Met on match talked for a couple weeks he have me his ## and invited me out twice I finally said yes.
We went to a bar I was late and he was gracious enough to wait for me. I apologized.
When I got there he greeted me with a hug and said you look pretty. Sadly I didn't compliment him back. He was very welcoming. He complimented me on my shoes as he looked me up and down.
As we were talking he brought up his ex for like the 4th time. And I began to look around the bar. Not bc I was disinterested but it was very busy and I kept getting distracted. Then he began talking about a date that was doing he same thing I was doing and how it was the worst. I don't know if that was a pointed comment or not.
We then walked around a bit and when we parted ways we hugged again. His hug was tighter than mine and he rubbed my upper back with both hands and said thanks hon so I'm kinda confused. He also said text when I got home. I did and he replied it was nice to meet you. I thanked him and told him to drive safe he replied I'm sweet.

Next day I texted I didn't wanna be rude but thanks for inviting me. No reply.

I was very nervous and I may have seemed aloof but not on purpose.

So I'm confused is he interested or nah?

he viewed my profile first. I messaged explaining my hangups. his replies are still confusing. like you're definitely beautiful but i don't think our personalities click. then its like be confident go after what you want u have my# were still cool:-/
he viewed my profile first. I messaged explaining my hangups. his replies are still confusing. like you're definitely beautiful but i don't think our personalities click. then its like be confident go after what you want u have my# we're still cool

What Guys Said 1

• Give him some time, text again in a few days

What Girls Said 1

• He seemed a little too eager at the date. To me, it sounds like he was either wishing to get lucky, or he was actually a little put off by your lack of focus to him.