I always end up with crushes and infatuations while in a relationship?

What gives?

For the most part, I am happy in my relationships but I always end interested in someone else. Sometimes I even end up thinking of what it'd be like if I broke up with my current boyfriend and ended up dating the other person.

It always starts when the other person starts showing a bit of interest. I've never crushed on someone while in a relationship if they didn't show at least some signs of interest.

Could it be I just enjoy the attention? If so, why imagine what it'd be like in a relationship with them?

I always end up feeling horrible as I don't want to lead anyone on and I don't want to end a good relationship that has seemingly no big issue.

I've been dating my boyfriend for almost four months now and this other friend started getting a bit flirty a couple of nights ago. He's stopped now that I said that I have a boyfriend but I'm still thinking "what if".

Anyone know why and how I could stop these feelings? Is anyone the same?

I feel so selfish and I don't want to hurt anyone :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Its okay as long as you dont act on these feeling. Its normal to like positive attention, everyone likes to feel wanted. Thoughts are nothing but thoughts, dont stress yourself out over it.

What Guys Said 4

• You'll stop this pattern when you get played yourself. Chances are, you hop from dude to dude to avoid letting yourself become vulnerable. But yeah, when you have to wear the shoe on the other foot, that's when you'll wise up

• I think *most* girls are like this. You just have the cojones to be honest about it. As long as you keep your actions in check there shouldn't be an issue.

• Of course you like the attention... as long as you're not doing anything physical, you're fine, however, wouldn't you feel the same if you found out your guy was doing the same?

• your stupid, un-loyal, never satisfied, selfish, heartless, and spoiled, and your called a player, and your the same as many girls are in this world, just out to hurt guys for thrills because of your heartlessness, or your man addiction, shame on you you'll probably reach a point in life were you'll never get a guy again, and end up alone forever and i hope that day comes soon for you cause girls like you dont deserve to be loved in the first place but the other problem is your not choosing the guys yourself and not going for the best one you want, you just end up with ones you dont want than you end up hoping for the next best thing, so stop settling with guys who approach you, and start approaching/going for the ones you actually want

• But I haven't ever acted on these feelings before ahaha

I'm asking how to stop these feelings :)

• everyone wants the next best things in life, thats normal,, i dont think there's any way to stop those feelings

What Girls Said 1

• I'm kinda the same way. I think you just enjoy the attention. As long as you stay loyal to your boyfriend, you'll be fine.

• Have you found a way to stop them or at least make the feeling less intense? :/