Does loss trigger love?

Is it true that sometimes you don't realize how much you love a girl until you loose her? All the things you should have told her and the days you couldve seen her?
Keeping in mind that you made her walk away from you, she didn't just decide to leave you its your fault.
Or is this just a dramatic phrase that does not happen in reality? Sharing your experiences will be much appreciated:)

Most Helpful Guy

• sure it can be true. you can take things for granted or not appreciate something until it is gone. this is true of human nature in almost all things, not just relationships

however you can also think that you miss or want something back after it's gone and it can be sort of a false sense of longing for something you had even though it wasn't truly what you wanted. Like the feeling of thinking you miss an ex but in reality you are actually just missing the companionship and intimacy of having someone in your life

What Guys Said 6

• 2 years ago.
    It was only when I left did I finally summon the courage to ask her out, but too late. I returned to the spot but she was gone, and out of my life.
    So basically... some lessons were learnt here. Painfully. More than I could possibly put to words or put into physical form.

• Oh, you don't know, It DOES happen. But in my instance, it was no one's fault.

• Not really. At least I haven't experienced it that way. Of course, I'm normally the one that breaks it off, so that might be coloring my opinion.

• No. I think if you can't show your love to someone when you are together, you can't really love them. If you only care about the relationship once it has ended, that only shows that you are scared of being single/alone.

• Oh it happens. And it's rough. I hate when this happens, you never realize how much she meant until she's gone sometimes. It's like a lot of things in life. You don't truly appreciate your ac until there's a heat wave and it breaks down.

• I am a chaser. later I found out she was not what I wanted.. after 6 months

What Girls Said 1

• Nah, I don't think so. If someone truly loves you, they know that they shouldn't do anything stupid in order to lose you. Loss might trigger selfish grief, though. If someone needs to lose you in order to miss you or realize what they had, then I would say that they weren't taking you seriously, only for granted.