Is the dating process different if you are a different race?

I haven't got into the dating game yet and I'm heading off to college. I did a bit of research on how to date and etc because I'm not the best looking guy but overall you could say that I'm a stand up guy. Turns out I'm already doing all of this and I even missed some of the girl's signals in high school when I remember the past. However, the main issue I am having right now is my skin color. I'm southeast Asian that could easily pass as a black or Spanish guy.

The main reason I have a problem with this is because at a young age I was bullied until I decided to beat them up.

So is it a different ball game when you are dating out of your race?
In other words is there a universal process for dating?
Also are people scared to interact with each other if they are a different race?

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean dating is pretty much universal, a guy likes a girl, a girl likes the guy, they talk , they dance, they kiss, they get married. The culture itself ( non dating) is what seems to be different for different ethnicities.

What Girls Said 5

• Unlike what some others have stated here, dating is not dating. It's not the same everywhere. I don't know if you're born and raised in the west, but I can tell you that there's a difference between dating in different cultures.

I'm southeast Asian as well, born and raised in southeast Asia. Now I live in Europe. My first time adjusting to life in the west, I also got some culture shock regarding dating. I'm not going into detail with you, since I got the impression that you were born and raised in the west as well.

So I guess, for people who were born and raised in the west, yes, dating is dating. But for people who did not grow up in the western world, they might be used to different things.

• Dating is different between cultures. Just because someone is a different race, doesn't mean that they have a different culture unless they are foreign.

• White women are the most desired in my opinion when if comes to interracial dating. My friends are white and they get dates like hot cakes. I get told "oh you look pretty for a black girl" and "oh you are hot" by non black men ok then how come you don't ask me out then if I look so good

• Some people are afraid to interact with other people of different race because they think the other race might be gross or it just depends on the person. I'm sure that are others that won't care what race and will interact with you, just know everyone gets rejected sometimes

• Dating is dating. People are people.

What Guys Said 1

• A *very* different game. Unfortunately you're not White, they're the best/most desired in interracial dating.

• Actually that's what I thought but that really depends on the culture. For example, I know that people will like you more if you have lighter skin.