Which 'line' would be more of a 'carrot' to you guys without seeming too desperate?

I like someone. I am pretty sure he likes me. He asked me out once, and I said I was busy. He is flirting with me. But hasn't asked me out again and I want him to.

Was thinking of saying one of the following:

1. "hey I'm going to the _____(some activity e. g. gym) this Saturday, let me know if you'd like to meet me there."

2. "if you ever plan to come to ________(e. g. my gym or some other activity) one of these weekends, let me know. "

3. "If you ever want to have a coffee, let me know. Here's my number"

So which one is better - elegant, and not desperate / needy - and would be a nice 'carrot' for you guys to respond to - i. e. make you want to ask a girl out and pursue her further?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1 and 2 sound like you don't really care and *maybe* would want to be friends or activity buddies.
    3 sounds like you want to go on a date.

• True. I don't like being so obvious so it will just be 'friends' buddy - that keeps him on his toes :) It's not so much the destination, but the journey is what counts for me! Thanks

What Guys Said 6

• Hey, I'm going out to see this awesome movie on Saturday, I'd really like it if you came :) (Do this after you start a conversation with him, and make him feel like he impressed you during that conversation and made you ask him this question. This is really neat and would even show you as classy.) Hope this helped :)

• Thanks :) No I don't think I'll be that direct. I may invite him to something but I don't want it to seem so much like a date. I like the mystery!

• Just tell him you'd like to go out with him if he's still interested. I'd text it. Then wait to see what happens. Playing games probably won't get you what you want.

• Yes but games are fun :) haha.

• Do tell :-)

• Let's do it on message. Just say I promised you the church meets moon walk story.

• Go with #3. Be direct and clear in your intentions.

• I think guys like directness don't they. Yes you are right I guess. I'm just trying to go a bit slow rather than rush in for this one... it's too special to rush :)

• Number 3. It's clear, it's unambiguous, and it's only coffee. Easy to say yes to.

• Haha you guys say you like a girl to ask you out because it makes things easy for you? I get that. But guys also like the thrill of the chase. It's a fine balance. And that's what I'm trying to achieve :)

• That's brilliant Beigie! LOL So what you're saying is that even when a girl is direct and asks a guy out e. g. 'hey do you want to have coffee some time', that's already a 'chase' for them?

• More or less, yes.

• What are you doing _______. Wanna go __________. Okay. I'll pick you up at_____. He took you out. Now you take him out.

• I'm a traditionalist. Guys should be doing the asking out. And I'm not picking up a guy lol to go somewhere.

• There's nothing wrong with tradition but he might find it cute and see it as confident on your part.

• When you said you were busy, did you offer an alternate day?

• No. I was taken by surprise. I didn't know what to say. Just said I couldn't.

• Wouldn't you try again after that?

• I'm telling you how I would feel. I wouldn't be flirting and chatting with you anymore.

What Girls Said 0