Stopping bf from meeting family/friends?

All my relationships so far , none of the guys asked to meet my family.
I always avoid them meeting any family members and certain friends. It worked well all the other times as the topic wasn't ever brought up.
But this guy I'm with for nearly a year wants to take my parents to dinner and meet them. I don't want them to meet at all , I date low-key. What good excuses do you know for a bf pestering to meet your fam?

Please don't ask why , just looking for excuses people have of avoiding them to meet
Don't judge but here's the story. My parents really want me to get married soon (cultural stuff) since I'm the oldest in my family and all. If they met him I know they'll love him and want me to marry him and push it too. I don't intend to marry him

Most Helpful Guy

• why don't you want them to meet? after a year of dating I think that's normal

• Its a long story. Just looking for ways to let it slide so they don't meet

• good god! this man fears nothing!

• thank you for MH, even tho I wasn't very helpful xD

What Guys Said 5

• why don't you want them to meet your bf or your bf to meet them?

• if you don't intend to marry him why are you dating him? I understand dating just for the sake of dating but to be with someone for a year and have no intention or inclination towards marriage at any point is kind of like wasting your time... no?

you want an excuse. just tell them what you said here. you like him but you don't see him as a potential life partner. when you meet that person you'll bring them around. but I think you should just take him to dinner. It really doesn't matter if the like him and want you to marry him after they meet him, you still don't have to

• Your just like my ex, wanted her family and friends separated from me and its like well how are we meant to get closer then?

• Just tell him your gynecologist is a man... if he's anything like a normal guy, he'll dump you on the spot - that's one way of ensuring he never meets your family!

• Many girls gynecologist is a man...
      And I'm not looking to dump him yet tho

• Yeah - and many guys go to strip clubs and hire hookers - doesn't mean many people like the idea of their partner doing that type of thing though. This isn't the 1960, there are ample capable and qualified lady lady docs - most guys I know would dump their girl if they found she'd wanted the lubricated finger of another man, irrespective of whether he's wearing a glove or not... maybe us guys just value exclusivity more than most women appreciate!

If you're not looking to dump him 'yet', you're going to have to introduce him sooner or later...

• bring him home

• Lol that's what I'm avoiding

• if you dont intend on marrying him then break up with him

• I don't understand why you don't want him meeting them... I don't care if it's a long explanation, I'd like to know

• To shorten it , I just want to keep family/close friends and relationships very very seperate.

• Not all relationships ultimate goal is marriage

• That's kind of why you date, to know if you want to marry. If you don't want to marry, why are you dating him

What Girls Said 2

• My parents have never met any of my boyfriends. I subconsciously realized that the guys I have been with were not good enough or really bad for me to bring home and I probably should not have been with them. I am very private and I never saw the point in meeting parents especially now that I don't live with them. I don't want to bring someone home and then be embarrassed by my family I was never comfortable with a guy enough to care about the impression they would make and what if we broke up they would constantly ask what happened to him. I prefer to bring a guy home that I think or hope to marry other wise if it's not that serious then I won't bring a guy home. I almost let one guy meet my parents but changed my mind. I just tell guys that i'm not close to my parents and I keep them out of my love life.

• The real question is, does he have marriage in mind but doesn't realise that you don't want to marry him?