Should I ever tell a date I'm packed (loaded)?

I usually keep a low profile on this. It's more packed in my house and I'm not afraid of use any of them if I ever needed in a very extreme situation. My favorite one I called Verona. That one belonged to my grandfather, who then passed it to my father and lastly it was handed to me.

If anyone doesn't know what it means; it means armed. I once made the mistake of telling (well I did bragged about it too) a date early and I think he misunderstood because he left soon and I didn't hear from him anymore. Wasn't intended to scared him. Was just simply telling the truth, that I'm loaded and will use any of them if I have to ever defend myself.

I always carried pepper spray. Sometimes, I do carried something else too (it depends where I'm going).

Regarding my house, I keep all that hidden.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. Nope. Nope. Never ever tell anyone.

Why? Because they will attack you first. It eliminates the essence of surprise if they attack you.

Remember!!!

Most women are *RAPED* by men that they know!

And good on you girl! You go! Don't EVER be a victim! <3

• Thanks.. ok will remember that. That one guy I told that single time, actually got scared and left early.

• It is not, jacques. You'd rather see her raped, I'd rather see her remove a man who would spread mental, physical, and spiritual disease by force removed from doing anyone any further harm. It sickens me your morality is that she is more moral laying bleeding on the ground infected with a horrible incurable disease, than her standing over a dead rapist.

• Agreed, for the most part. However, it's been reported that most women are actually raped by someone they do know.

What Guys Said 11

• I went shooting with a couple friends yesterday, they knew I had a few of my guns in the cases but they didn't know I was concealing one until I pulled it out to shoot it, one said to me "you had that on you the whole time?"

The point of carrying concealed is so you have the tactical advantage of surprise, do not tell anybody, especially someone you think you might have to use it on.

Kudos for owning guns :) ignore the ignorant fools that infect your question like Jacquesvol and that other guy.

• You go girl! I wish more women would take responsibility for their own safety like you. I'm packed myself, got more gadgets than Batman, and am certified in Jeet Kune Do. I believe everyone should learn how to protect themselves. Those guys are pussies for being intimidated so easily.

• Tell it, that way guys who don't like firearms can avoid you and date other girls

• Or, when they try and rape her, they will be better prepared for it.

www.nij.gov/.../know-attacker.aspx

From the above NIJ website:

"About 85 to 90 percent of sexual assaults reported by college women are perpetrated by someone known to the victim; about half occur on a date."

• But it's not like I was going to shoot him nor something. I would only use that in real self-defense. He was a big 6'3 guy while I'm just a 5'3 and 126 lbs girl. Kind of funny that a guy that big got intimidated.

• He has to trust you won't do it. I met enough people getting violent for no reason at all to be prudent.

• What are you afraid of? The fact the you have multiple firearms and named them means this goes beyond simple protection. If your a gun nut, your a gun nut.

• Who wants to meet the female version of Adam Lanza?

• I'm afraid of people like rocelot, he and his types are pushing hard for a second civil war.

• Having one for protection is one thing. You should at least know why you have as much as do. I don't think you should lead with it, but at letting them know isn't a bad thing. That said maybe you should start going out without them more often, I think it would help.

• There is no need to tip your hand on a date.

• I'd have to introduce "Verona" to my lady "Joy" before we could hit anything off.

• Women are too crazy that would scare me lol

• I don't see the need to tell someone that

• Should you ever tell a date? It depends on how the topic comes up. If you are talking about hobbies, and collecting or shooting guys is your hobby then feel free to bring it up. I would leave out the part about being willing to kill someone. That could just come off really crazy if you aren't careful.

It most likely came off like you were warning him, if he ever hurt you, that you were already planning to kill him. lol Even if he asks if you would use it in self defense, just say something like you hope that never happens and avoid the question.

I know a lot of guys that don't have an issue with a woman carrying a gun in my area. If the guy has an issue with guns, then you aren't compatible anyway.

• I would dump a woman who carries. It is the way they think that seems flawed.

• If you had any level of knowledge on the subject you would see that it is YOUR thinking that is flawed.

• Yes. That one thing says "loads" about her thought processes. She has rape fantasies and guards her kitty well too.

• Depends on where you live, if you live up north in the hippie states then anything from a pocket knife to a 22 will scream BAN BAN BAN, but as long as it's organic you should be ok.

Now if you live in the south, more then likely a guy will say cool, and who knows maybe even invite you shooting or hunting.

What Girls Said 4

• There's really no need to announce it that way (Or, like, at all?) , I would get the fuck out of dodge if a dude said that to me. You sound trigger happy as fuck.

• No you don't have its just a safety method so what

• It wouldn't matter guy's tell girls all the time and they don't freak out.

• If you own guns I'd hope you'd educate yourself a lot more! You NEVER tell someone you're "packed". The fact that you even asked makes me scared for you.