Girls & Guys: How Did You Meet Your BF Or GF?

I've been pretty sad lately. I have a great job, just purchased a brand new Mustang, got a nice luxury apartment, I'm in peak shape and I dress really well. Needless to say, I am really happy with the way my life turned out... but there is a huge hole in my heart.

Never had a girlfriend in my life and I keep going to bars/clubs to meet women... but it never works out. And when I see all these cute couples it just makes me tear up sometime. It would be nice to have a meaningful relationship with a woman.

So, I come here to ask: How did you meet your BF or GF? Did your partner approach you first? Did you approach first? Did you meet through friends?

Most Helpful Girl

• My first deployment, South Korea. It was day number one of official duty and I was just getting ready to go out to work on the jets when I got a phone call. It was my sister's fiancĂ© telling me that one of my close friends had died by vehicular homicide while riding a bicycle with his wife and he was first on the scene. I hid away and cried a bit, then reappeared for work like nothing happened.

I happened to be deployed with a guy I see at the shop sometimes. We had flirted back and forth at home station but I never thought much of him, just another attractive asshole. Someone nice to look at but not date material. I was on a trip to the convenience store on base to get snacks when he passed his phone over to me and asked for my phone number. Not really giving a shit about anything after the news that morning, I gave it to him without a second thought. And instead of picking on me or flirting like I thought he would, he asked what was wrong.

We talked all day, he told me a tragic story of his own and said he understood how I felt, he made me laugh and smile a little bit too... And I decided that he really wasn't an asshole. He became my best friend and closest alli in that week. The next week he was more of a romantic interest, and then a boyfriend.

Looking back it was kind of dangerous to become involved with someone while grieving, but I lucked out.

What Girls Said 3

• One day (Summer of 2010) I was riding my bike with my friend up the street (we live in the same neighborhood). I saw a boy who was at a birthday party in the neighborhood and I asked her "Who is that?" Because he was REALLY cute. She told me his name and age and I wanted to get to know him more. So we became really good friends for a while. In October 2012, my other friend (who is his niece) got us together. I soon started to feel like he was ignoring me, so in February 2013, my friend broke us up for me (I know; that's bad). In the summer of 2014 we became really good friends again. I feel butterflies and get so happy around him. I love him but he doesn't know. So I'm friend-zoned for now...

• Through mutual friends and high school band. Started dating when I was a sophomore and he was a senior, it's been 2 and a half years and things are going great.

• I met my bf at church

What Guys Said 1

• To be honest, I can't help you with respect to my own relationships, but I can tell you that meditation taught me how to harmonize my emotions and to feel at peace with myself. Is this a solution you'd like more clarity on?