Why do a lot of guys say they like girls with no makeup, but then call them ugly?

A lot of guys say that they want a girl that doesn't wear makeup, then they find one, and call her ugly etc. But then keep looking for a girl with no makeup

Most Helpful Guy

• Two reasons:

A) guys are often thinking "I'd prefer a girl who is a 9 without makeup, to a girl who is a 7 but with makeup is a 9' ( or a 7 naturally to a 4 made up to look like a 7). well, duh, obviously. However as a woman, your choice is not whether to be a natural 7 or made up 7. It's to be a natural 7, or made up 8 (or whatever). So the fact they;d rather you effortlessly look that good is irrelevant. This is similar to how most girls would like guys who are lean and muscular, but don't worry much about what they eat or spend much time in the gym. It would be nice if they just did the odd jog, a few pushups, and bam, looked like an olympic swimmer!

B) guys often only notice bad makeup jobs. This is true of plastic surgery as well. WHen you notice it, it was probably done poorly, and looks bad. When it is good, you don't notice it, the person just looks great.

What Guys Said 8

• I dislike any makeup that I can notice, especially on the eyelashes. And alterations made to the eyebrows. Basically most of the time, it is too much, as the extra colors mess with the natural color balance of the face. Aka, I don't like visible makeup. What I cannot notice at all doesn't bother me, that's usually foundation.

But what is actually important is, 1.) Facial features are not the only thing that take place in attractiveness assessment, and 2.) Even if you have a good shape, you can have a facial bone structure that I don't find attractive.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Considering physical attraction is a naturally defined reaction to a naturally defined image, it's reasonable that it differs for everyone else in order to enforce genetic diversity.

Calling someone ugly for not finding them attractive is harsh, though.

• Blame Drake "Chill in with no make up on that's when your the prettiest I hope that you don't take it wrong"

It stuck and now guys have a real unrealistic belief!

• I think they actually mean that they don't like it when a girl looks like Lady gaga or whatever just about to go up on stage.

• Mostly cause only certain girls look good with no make up. When they take it off for the guy it could be shocking. I've mostly dated girls that don't wear make up myself. Maybe some eye makeup but that is it. Can't stand kissing a girls face and get lipstick or face makeup in my mouth. Some girls look horrible with no make up, just take a look at all those woman on the "house wives of etc" shows. You can tell right away whether they look good with no make up.

• We want a girl who is attractive without make up. Which is rare for the United States since girls literally cake it on their faces.

• i never thought that way, i guess guys want natural beauty

• My girlfriend doesn't wear makeup, but her natural complexion makes her look like she's wearing lipstick and blush. It's a win-win situation.

• A lot of girls are unattractive... Is it surprising that not every woman on the planet can be a super model?

What Girls Said 3

• Guys don't realize that celebrities that are beautiful or look natural actually have a shit ton if makeup on!

• When most guys say that, what they mean is that they actually want a girl that has natural beauty... unfortunately for them, they don't realize that NATURAL 9's & 10's are actually very rare.

• Attractiveness is subjective.

• But it is also worth noting that perfect symmetry is considered unnatural. So there is balance. Most of the time though, one of many "average" girls is found extremely attractive by someone, while unattractive by another.

• I guess there's multiple ways you can look at the subject.

• Like allie said, guys don't realize that all the models and celebs they idolize are all caked in makeup so they expect to find normal gals who like like that naturally.